cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Do they make such-a-thing?

Blue_Ridge_2
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to buy a new, medium size travel trailer and was wondering about two things. Why do most have 2 entry doors and do they make a trailer that you can sit on the couch and watch the TV looking straight ahead. I don't see the need for a second door and most have the TV at weird angles for watching. So, does anyone make this model?
24'-32'
41 REPLIES 41

2_Sooners
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Puma 25-RS with no slide and 2 doors. If you have ever seen a RV go up in flames you will appreciate the 2 doors. It is also nice in good weather to just open both doors to the screens and enjoy the fresh air.

We had a slide lock up on us a few years back -- had to drive 110 miles with the slide all the way out to get it repaired. It is just the dear wife and me, so with a 25 well arranged trailer it is plenty. Also, we don't have to put a slide out to enjoy a meal along the road.

In our trailer the TV faces the couch. Very easy to watch.

Here is a link to our trailer floorplan: PUMA 25-RS

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
BillB800si wrote:
quote=Ron3rd
As to the door question, I wouldn't own a trailer with only 1 door. You'll find that second door comes in very, very handy.Our first trailer had 2 doors, which we did not know the importance of at first; we do now./quote
=================================

Understandable with your 3001W floorplan. If someone's in the bathroom then the only bedroom entry is thru the outside door.
We had a 2 door Jayco Eagle 322FKS. To me the second door was wasted space.. I do like the Rockwood 3029W floorplan.

Hi Bill,
You're correct, on the mid bathroom models like ours, the second door comes in handy. We also like it for the flow through ventilation it provides.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
We own the TT mentioned above. We love it
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
^^ x2
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4

centracom
Explorer
Explorer
Check out the StarCraft Launch ultra-lite 24rls. Seen one in person at a RV show and it seemed to feel roomy for the short length and weight. Couch and TV, medium sized couples unit.
2012 Ford F150 5.0 "BUILT FORD TOUGH"
2011 Jayco JayFeather 242

""fast cars N' mason jars""

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
quote=Ron3rd
As to the door question, I wouldn't own a trailer with only 1 door. You'll find that second door comes in very, very handy.Our first trailer had 2 doors, which we did not know the importance of at first; we do now./quote
=================================

Understandable with your 3001W floorplan. If someone's in the bathroom then the only bedroom entry is thru the outside door.
We had a 2 door Jayco Eagle 322FKS. To me the second door was wasted space.. I do like the Rockwood 3029W floorplan.
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Blue Ridge 2 wrote:
We are looking to buy a new, medium size travel trailer and was wondering about two things. Why do most have 2 entry doors and do they make a trailer that you can sit on the couch and watch the TV looking straight ahead. I don't see the need for a second door and most have the TV at weird angles for watching. So, does anyone make this model?
24'-32'

As to the door question, I wouldn't own a trailer with only 1 door. You'll find that second door comes in very, very handy.

Our first trailer had 2 doors, which we did not know the importance of at first; we do now.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
I guess the OP will have to google up some floorplans.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dogcop1us
Explorer
Explorer
My Coachmen 322rlds has theater seats straight across from the tv.

2015 Coachmen Freedom Express Liberty Edition 322rlds
2013 ram 3500 6.7 Cummins 4x4 DRW

martipr
Explorer
Explorer
My TT has the TV straight across from what used to be the couch but is now two recliners. Unfortunately they are no longer produced. Surely there are others TTs that are designed OK.
Old Navy Chief (AOC) Retired Aircraft Mechanic/Inspector
2007 29' 27FBV Trail Bay V Series
2015 Dodge Ram 2500 Crew Cab 6.7 Cummins Diesel
Reese Strait-Line Dual Cam Hitch

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Look for a RL or RE designation in the model numbers. Lots of these come with a TV that runs along the back wall. They might come with 2 recliners that can be easily placed in front of the TV. Crossroads makes a model that might interest you. The TV is on one wall, the recliners are on the opposite wall, and it only has one door.

Sunset Trail SF33RL

igofishn
Explorer
Explorer
2 doors, egress and convenience. Rear kitchen Keystone BULLET 24'RKDS. TV, slight angle to watch TV in dining, articulated mount helps ALOT, straight on in bedroom

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
Our Starcraft Launch 24RLS has the sofa staring directly at the television. Nice for napping on a rainy afternoon. 29 feet including the hitch.

The http://www.starcraftrv.com/light-weight/launch-ultra-lite/floorplans/24rls/#floorplan-main floor plan
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4

BillB800si
Explorer
Explorer
Presently we are considering a three slide trailer that the couch faces the TV. Plus it's 1/2 ton towable.

Forest River Rockwood Windjammer Model 3029W.
Click here: Photos

Video click here: Movie
Plenty of inside & exterior storage areas.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (S.E. Michigan)
2015 Dodge Ram Crew Cab 4x4 Hemi
2016 Rockwood Windjammer 3029W