cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do upgrades help the selling price?

ajriding
Explorer
Explorer
I am selling my TC, but am wondering if all the upgrades are really going to add much value to it. If I remove them then that saves me the money for the next time I need these upgrades.

I currently have a 2nd solar system to the tune of about $600.

And the solar I will leave on it

And I took the propane fridge out

and just use an ARB danfoss electric chest fridge, should I put the old propane unit back in?

With the old fridge gone I have big storage

It is a lot of work to convert back to venting the propane now that I closed it all up, but the ARB I would rather keep than an old perfectly good propane fridge.

In my experience people mostly do not know or appreciate such upgrades until they have lived in it a while and understand it.
19 REPLIES 19

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Maybe I am or maybe I’m not the typical RV shopper. But I wouldn’t buy a TC without a propane fridge and a freezer and I don’t care if it has solar or not.
My opinion, take you’re mods off. More marketable and less cost for your next rig.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My thought is to sell with upgrades vs. going through the trouble of making it original again.
I agree you will not get more $$$ for your upgrades but the unit should sell faster vs. stock unit
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
The value will be that you get to actually sell the RV but little to nothing in the price.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
On an RV, I don't think so. If you want or need those additional items you've installed on your current camper for your new one, then take them off. To replace them for current cost, vs what few pennies you might get out of them selling on the old camper will never equal. The additions have more value to you as replacement costs will far exceed anything you get out of selling them used. Besides, what do you do with a removed RV refrigerator? Let the mice nest in it?

We upgraded our last TT with a 15,000 btu air conditioner. It added absolutely nothing in extra value when sold if it would have have had had the 13,500 one. FYI, we still have the 13,500 one in the shed at home. It's been sitting for 6 years now. I can't even give it away!

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
NADA on several years old options will give you about 10% of original value.
So if you have good chance of needing them on new RV, take them off.
But than there is psychological aspect of having better equipped unit than market competition, meaning you might not get direct cash payment for the option, but your camper might sell fast, when other will stay for a year.