cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drier sheets, magic Eraser and glass

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Just wondering if drier sheets and magic eaters will scratch glass? They don't seem to scratch the nose cones of 5ers so would seem they won't scratch glass either. Anyone know for sure?
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"
23 REPLIES 23

wopachop
Explorer
Explorer
Magic eraser works great on glass. When i watch auto detailing videos the guys say the foam acts like 4000 grit sandpaper. There is no special cleaning chemical inside. The water is just for lubrication.

You can use a spray cleaner instead of water.

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy wrote:
What are you trying to clean with dryer sheets? There might be something better...

Bugs! off windshield and front cap. Works great!
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II
Steel Wool, Flat Razor blade for stickers and such, there are lots of things you can use to clean a windshield. The glass is not very easy to damage. If you have oils and such that just smear while using your wipers, try RainX as a cleaner or F11 if you use it instead of wax. Or, just glass cleaner. I usually use RainX anyway and clean my wiper blades at the same time, so I don't let road oils mess up my windshield. Lately I have been using F11 instead of wax and it cleans the windshield better than anything else I have used.

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
Use 0000 fine steel wool. I use it all the time without harming the glass. Will clean anything off the glass.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
This "SPECIFIC" brand is AMAZING for cleaning spots off glass.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ACZL
Explorer
Explorer
Thermoguy wrote:
What are you trying to clean with dryer sheets? There might be something better...

Truck windshield
2017 F350 DRW XLT, CC, 4x4, 6.7
2018 Big Country 3560 SS
"The best part of RVing and Snowmobiling is spending time with family and friends"
"Catin' in the Winter"

Thermoguy
Explorer II
Explorer II

I've used dryer sheets on my other fiver and it's windows with no ill effects...
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dryer sheets won't scratch glass.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman