cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Drill Holster (tip)

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
Well, I still have to manually put down my stabilizers... Years ago I got the drill adapter but when we stopped, It was always a few minutes to get to the drill to lower the stabilizers...

So, I got a "drill holster" and screwed it to the wall just inside the front storage area door up high. https://www.harborfreight.com/drill-holster-67165.html

It is a great solution. Just open the door, pull it out, a couple minutes and SHE can get inside... Now, it would be nice to just flip a switch...but that is on the list for the next RV...
31 REPLIES 31

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
BB_TX wrote:
wanderingbob wrote:
I always put the jacks down before I let my wife enter , but then you guys do not know how heavy my wife is !

I hope your health insurance is paid up if she reads this! :B

Ha, life insurance is more likely to be used here than health insurance!!!
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
wanderingbob wrote:
I always put the jacks down before I let my wife enter , but then you guys do not know how heavy my wife is !

I hope your health insurance is paid up if she reads this! :B

K_and_I
Explorer
Explorer

A built in place for the charger would be more useful as I don't have an outlet in the underbelly. When I get around to it, I'm going to fish an extension cord down there so I can leave the battery connected and charging.

Our water heater is in one side of the pass through storage. It had a single receptacle for the heater, but I replaced it with a duplex and use the other for a drill battery charger.
K_and_I
2011 Rockwood 2604
Nights Camped in 2019: 85
Do we have time for shortcuts?

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
goducks10 wrote:
Kinda depends on the layout inside. Some trailers with multiple slides are not usable when the slides are in. Stabs should go down before the slide goes out.

The trailer should be level but generally, you can put the slide out without the stabilizers down and it won't cause any harm.

A built in place for the charger would be more useful as I don't have an outlet in the underbelly. When I get around to it, I'm going to fish an extension cord down there so I can leave the battery connected and charging.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
NRALIFR wrote:
Post a topic giving a helpful tip.

Get told by a stranger youโ€™re doing it wrong with an RV they havenโ€™t even seen.

Priceless.

:):)

It's an open discussion. Everyone can learn something from the discussion.
Yes the OP gave a tip on keeping the drill handy. Meanwhile the OP and others may learn it's not necessary to have jacks down before entering trailer. I see it as a win for everyone.
No one has to be offended.

I agree 100%.

No one has to be offensive. Its just as likely the one who disputed could learn something too. Like how to not be offensive maybe?

If the owner says the jacks must be down before entering the trailer, then you stay out until the jacks are down.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
NRALIFR wrote:

Get told by a stranger youโ€™re doing it wrong with an RV they havenโ€™t even seen.

Priceless.

It's an open discussion. Everyone can learn something from the discussion.
Yes the OP gave a tip on keeping the drill handy. Meanwhile the OP and others may learn it's not necessary to have jacks down before entering trailer. I see it as a win for everyone.
No one has to be offended.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer

Priceless.

2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
spoon059 wrote:
I have mine in a cubby just inside the front door. I have a battery charger plugged in and keeping the spare fully charged at all times. I agree with the others though... why can't your bride go inside before the stabs are down? When we go camping in the summer or winter, one of the first things we do is plug into electric and go inside to turn on AC or heat while we finish setting up camp.

You have never had one go start to go down in back while she is making a bed have you...

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for sharing Kavoom. Donโ€™t mind the dingleberry responses...
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Kinda depends on the layout inside. Some trailers with multiple slides are not usable when the slides are in. Stabs should go down before the slide goes out.

Kavoom
Explorer
Explorer
It won't tip over if you unhook it...

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
My DW goes in our 5er while I am still hooked to the truck.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
We haven't put down our stabilizers in years.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have mine in a cubby just inside the front door. I have a battery charger plugged in and keeping the spare fully charged at all times. I agree with the others though... why can't your bride go inside before the stabs are down? When we go camping in the summer or winter, one of the first things we do is plug into electric and go inside to turn on AC or heat while we finish setting up camp.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS