cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DVD no video. Fun Finder 266 KIRB

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
We bought a new Fun Finder 266 KIRB at the end of season last year. We can not get the DVD to show on TV. We got sound in the speakers but no video on screen. Tried everything. Has anyone else had this issue
13 REPLIES 13

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
What did you expect the manufacturer to do? Should they have come to where you are parked and fixed it for you? The dealer is the hands-on contact and obviously it needed hands-on attention.

Glad it was a simple fix involving mostly operator error.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear that you got the problem fixed!

You should have someplace to hide a couple of extra keys:

Master Lock 5408D Mini Safe

WoodGlue
2002 Land Rover Discovery II
2014 Lance 1685 - Loaded - 4 Seasons - Solar - 2 AGM's
When Hell Freezes Over - I'll Camp There Too!
Lance Travel Trailer Info - Lance 1685 Travel Trailer - Lance 1575 Trailer

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds to me like you have a bad video cable. Test it like stated above and remove the head unit w/ the 4 screws and make sure the cable is connected there and in the "video out" hole. If everything here checks out, take it back to the dealer and let them fix it!

I have the same Jensen player, whenever I pop in a DVD, it goes automatically to the right input and I get video and audio just fine. But then again, mines working.

I assume your TV is working as it should be? Audio and Video?

WoodGlue

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
Just got back from dealer, they had the jacks in the back of the TV in the wrong spot. Works like a dream. They locked the door before I left now I have to wait for my wife to get home to unlock it. My camper keys are of course in the camper. What a day.

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
Do you have a video source selection switching box near your TV/DVD? My MH has a small switch box that selects which of three TV jacks the DVD plays on.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
Just got off the phone with Cruiser Rv Tech support, WOW!!!! I hope he was not a sign of things to come. Ignorant A------. I don't know what to tell you, call your dealer. That is what he said. Im going to try to change the cable first before I take it back to dealer.

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I had the same problem in my truck camper. In mine the cable was ran across the camper to the tv location. Using a multi-meter I tested the cable for continuity and found none on the video cable. Got it fixed under warranty.

The head unit comes out with 4 screws, may be worth pulling it and checking the cables at the back of the unit or try running a cable directly from the unit to the tv.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
As stated before, you h\ave to select the proper input on your TV. This may be called 'Video' or 'AV'. If this does not work make sure the video cable is connected. According to the manual, this model player only has composite video out. This most likely is a cable with a yellow RCA connector. Make sure it's plugged in at the player and your TV.

Edit: You responded before I got my message sent. It may be a bad cable or bad player. It could also be a setting on the player.

If you don't have the manual, here's a link to download it: Manual
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
Tried that, I tried every mode on tv. Thought maybe video cable was not plugged in all the way, so I pulled out stereo and everything is good

mikeh449
Explorer
Explorer
change input mode on tv try av mode

bruce_and_tanya
Explorer
Explorer
Tom It is a separate stereo system below tv Jensen AWM965

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
Is the DVD built into the TV or is it a separate player?
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

WoodGlue
Explorer
Explorer
What is the input set to?
Who makes the head unit? (the DVD player)
Is it wired properly? Do you have something in the "video in" on the TV?

WoodGlue