cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric Mustang

FlatBroke
Explorer
Explorer
Electric Mustang has this been reported? If so never mind.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS
67 REPLIES 67

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
dodge guy wrote:
This wouldโ€™ve been better off as an Explorer with the Mach E name. This is not and never will be a Mustang. Ford tried to kill the Mustang back in the 90โ€™s and we said no. We were fine for 25+ years! Now they are trying again. Trying to pass off an all electric crossover as a Mustang to the Hipster crowd. This is going to be deadly to the Mustang.

Donโ€™t do it Ford! Youโ€™ll be sorry.

Can't have a Explorer that's faster than the Mustang. Anyways this name will not do any harm to the Mustang car, but perhaps Ford is anticipating a decline in car sales as we now know the Camaro will most likely get the axe and the future of the Dodge Charger is questionable.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
rjstractor wrote:
time2roll wrote:
time2roll wrote:
3 seconds zero to sixty? What time does the Shelby or Boss do?

New Shelby does 3.3
Original 427 Cobra 4.3
1968 KR only 5.6

Mach E sounds pretty good at 3.0
Don't race for pinks with your gasser.

https://www.zeroto60times.com/vehicle-make/shelby-0-60-mph-times/

All depends on how far you're racing. I'll take my wife's 120K mile Kia Forte and race any just about EV from Seattle to Spokane. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I would take that bet...if I owned a model S. ๐Ÿ™‚

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
time2roll wrote:
time2roll wrote:

New Shelby does 3.3
Original 427 Cobra 4.3
1968 KR only 5.6

All depends on how far you're racing. I'll take my wife's 120K mile Kia Forte and race any just about EV from Seattle to Spokane. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
NRALIFR wrote:
and resurrected the Edsel name for this turkey.

:):)

you're not alone

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
Imagine the movie โ€œBullittโ€, and Steve McQueenโ€™s character driving a Mach E, but his nemesis still driving a 1968 375 hp 440 Magnum V8-powered Dodge Charger. The chase scene just wouldnโ€™t sound the same. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Grit, while I wouldnโ€™t have any problem with them reusing the Pinto name on this........ahem, technological nightmare, I canโ€™t abide the thought of sullying the Thunderbird name by putting it on this EV. Unless they come up with a nuclear power plant for a new Tbird (fission or fusion, doesnโ€™t matter), Ford needs to tread lightly with that name. Tbird enthusiasts can be pretty passionate too. :M

I think Ford should have oriented the faux grill on the front vertically instead of horizontally, and resurrected the Edsel name for this turkey.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Says Ford's target is mid 3s 0-60, but that's still hauling the mail!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:

New Shelby does 3.3
Original 427 Cobra 4.3
1968 KR only 5.6

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
Ha, just looked at the Ford add. 3 sec 0-60 is no joke, but otherwise, looks like another Mc SUVmobile.
Mustang? Really?
At least call it some other popular defunct Ford name like Thunderturd or Falcon or Pinto....

THAT'S IT! It's the 2021 Ford Pinto Bean! Or maybe PEENTO since it's E powered!

(which also sounds like a dish from the Mehican restaurant...I see a theme)

The long wheel base version could be the EEnchilada then....

D@mn, Ford should hire me for their marketing...

LOL. ๐Ÿ™‚

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ha, just looked at the Ford add. 3 sec 0-60 is no joke, but otherwise, looks like another Mc SUVmobile.
Mustang? Really?
At least call it some other popular defunct Ford name like Thunderturd or Falcon or Pinto....

THAT'S IT! It's the 2021 Ford Pinto Bean! Or maybe PEENTO since it's E powered!

(which also sounds like a dish from the Mehican restaurant...I see a theme)

The long wheel base version could be the EEnchilada then....

D@mn, Ford should hire me for their marketing...

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Reisender wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
This wouldโ€™ve been better off as an Explorer with the Mach E name. This is not and never will be a Mustang. Ford tried to kill the Mustang back in the 90โ€™s and we said no. We were fine for 25+ years! Now they are trying again. Trying to pass off an all electric crossover as a Mustang to the Hipster crowd. This is going to be deadly to the Mustang.

I think they still have a gas version too donโ€™t they? Not sure.

Yes they have a gas Mustang. However this crossover is not and never will be a Mustang!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
dodge guy wrote:

I think they still have a gas version too donโ€™t they? Not sure.

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Reisender wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
They could call the new ones Mousestangs. You know, quiet as a mouse....
Or probably sell more though if they called them Libveganstangs!

Or a mesteรฑo reflecting its Mexican heritage and manufacture. ๐Ÿ™‚

No, that sounds more like something I just did in the washroom or the #12 meal at the Mexican restaurant....

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
danrclem wrote:
NJRVer wrote:
I wonder how many EV naysayers on here are going to suddenly think EV's are the best thing since sliced bread because it has "Ford" in it's name?

I can assure you that it won't be me. Most of the vehicles that I have owned have been Ford and I have been a fan of the Mustang ever since it came out. I have a 66 Fastback Mustang and a 69 Cougar convertible in my garage. If they go to all electric vehicles I'd rather see the Mustang name die rather than be electric. If it has an electric motor in it it's not a Mustang to me and I bet a lot of other diehard Mustang fans will feel the same way.

How about if EV Mustang was like this

https://youtu.be/q7vTCK9ywBA