cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Electric running boards

Evans___Lana_Wa
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone ever used the electric running boards. What brand do you like.
ELwaller39
8 REPLIES 8

bobsallyh
Explorer II
Explorer II
It just seems like to me, something else to wrench on and become a PITA. And I have often wondered about ice and snow, but then again, maybe the guys that have them pull their trucks off the road for winter.

wanderingbob
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wow , thats a month or two of my social security check . I'll pass .

Deep_Trax
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Amp Research on my GM 2500 HD. Got them from Auto Anything on a Black Friday sale for $950 which included the Optional Plug and Play wiring harness.

I installed them myself and would rate the instructions as poor. It is a shame to see such a high quality and well engineered product come with such poor installation instructions.

As mentioned above, they extend out further and go lower than the factory steps. On my GM 2500 HD, the distance from ground to floorboard is 17". The Amp Powersteps split this distance exactly in half which is really nice. In comparison, the factory steps were about a 12"/5" split.

I've had them for a little over 2 years with no problems what so ever. The wife and I love them. The only downside I see is the price, but I was fortunate enough to get a very good deal on mine.

If you get some, I would strongly recommend you opt for the optional Play & Play version.

john_bet
Explorer
Explorer
I know a fellow who had AMP's and they froze up with snow and ice even here in southern Indiana. He hated them for that.
2018 Ram 3500 SRW CC LB 6.7L Cummins Auto 3.42 gears
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

hedge
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Factory Ford ones (possibly made by amp), I like them but it took a bit to get used to them... they hit me in the shins a couple times.

they can also be configured in the dash display to stay up or down all the time if you want.
2017 F350 Platinum DRW
2013 Adventurer 89RB

austingta
Explorer
Explorer
I had the AMP boards on my Denali 2500. Awesome product. The industry standard for sure. Great for off road too. The AMP's extend further out and drop down lower than stock also.

Not cheap at 1700.00 installed, and OEM boards are not worth much aftermarket.
Frank Brooks Austin TX
2018 F 150 King Ranch max tow package with 3.55 gears
Published towing weight limit 13200
Payload per sticker 1464

stsmark
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Amp on my F350 for 4 years now. No issues they work great. non slip finish is better than Fords OEM.

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
Several friends have the AMP Research boards and are very satisfied. Seems like a nice product. Not my cup of tea; I like the fixed boards to give added protection against Honda Civics opening their door into mine.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"