cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Employee discount for Ford trucks

McGoo
Explorer
Explorer
Does Ford still offer the X deals (I think it was X) to employees?

Ahh

( - )~( - )

McGoo

(,,)

you've done

it again!

http://mcgoo.weebly.com/

"The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates." - Tacitus
26 REPLIES 26

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Yep Dad has been retired since 1989 I think. Dad was not a big fan of the way dealers treated GM workers, he usually ordered his vehicles. When he jumped the fence and went to the darkside (management) he would order his vehicles through the plant.

Don
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB 4X4 Ecodiesel GDE Tune.

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
Perrysburg Dodgeboy wrote:
You will always have people that scam the system and others that don't. I have always given out all of my F&F numbers and have been audited by the company. I know this because a person that I had given a number to EP number called me and was all worried.

The FCA process is I have to register the buyer then input information, address, dob,last 4 SS, name, vehicle buying and trading. Then agree to the rules before a number is generated.

If the company finds out that I'm selling my numbers I can be fired, given a DLO, suspended from ever using the discount program and the person I sold the number to could be made to repay the vehicle discount money back.

IMO no amount of kick back would be worth that to me anyway. Dadoffourgirls how does GM work their discounts. At one time you just made the best deal then notified the dealer that you are an employee. My Dad hated buying a new vehicle and usually could get a better price buying a Ford.

Don

There was a time, many years ago, that if you wanted a GM vehicle "out of stock" you made your best deal and GM sent the employee a check. You always had the option to order the vehicle at the employee price.

For the last twenty or thirty years, you can buy out of stock at the GM employee price as long as the dealer was willing to sell the vehicle. As the list price has gone up and the percentage paid to the dealer has risen, dealers are actually making more selling the vehicle at employee pricing than they average on regular retail deals.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
You will always have people that scam the system and others that don't. I have always given out all of my F&F numbers and have been audited by the company. I know this because a person that I had given a number to EP number called me and was all worried.

The FCA process is I have to register the buyer then input information, address, dob,last 4 SS, name, vehicle buying and trading. Then agree to the rules before a number is generated.

If the company finds out that I'm selling my numbers I can be fired, given a DLO, suspended from ever using the discount program and the person I sold the number to could be made to repay the vehicle discount money back.

IMO no amount of kick back would be worth that to me anyway. Dadoffourgirls how does GM work their discounts. At one time you just made the best deal then notified the dealer that you are an employee. My Dad hated buying a new vehicle and usually could get a better price buying a Ford.

Don

Dadoffourgirls
Explorer
Explorer
JALLEN4 wrote:
...Just for the sake of clarification if someone is buying, the dealer can charge a DOC fee but is limited in the amount they can charge.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge to make all aware of the process.

You have done a great job of trying to educate others on the process.

As for those that misuse the program by having inaccurate family members or not complying with the process, I can assure you that OEMs are carefully watching.
Dad of Four Girls
Wife
Employee of GM, all opinions are my own!
2017 Express Ext 3500 (Code named "BIGGER ED" by daughters)
2011 Jayco Jayflight G2 32BHDS

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
Bought a new Ford F250 diesel p/u using an A Plan PIN. At that time (maybe still, don't know), an A plan was available only to employees and blood relatives. I knew a guy that worked for Ford, he would sell his allocated A plan pins for $200, just had to tell the dealer he was a brother. He kept $100, his union rep got the other $100. Nowadays, last names don't mean much. That saved me almost $10K on that purchase. Oh, the dealer cannot add any fees on top of that A plan price. No doc fees or any of that phony ****. You pay the predetermined price, sales tax, and a very small title fee.

Around here, almost every Ford dealer will give you X plan pricing right up front. You can almost always beat that price with good negotiation skills.

Just for the sake of clarification if someone is buying, the dealer can charge a DOC fee but is limited in the amount they can charge.

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
Bamaman1 wrote:
I was a Ford employee for 24 years--until my division was sold. I ended up eventually being a Fiat USA employee when I retired.

Ford pays the dealer 6% profit to handle the A Plan (and other plans). They also have their dealer holdback and Ford Dealer Advertising Plan account, so they're receiving an adequate profit.

And all current dealer incentives and low APR programs go back to the buyer. You cannot beat that deal.

Ford pays 6% and GM pays 5% of MSRP minus freight. The dealer does not get the Holdback on an employee sale and the advertising is a wash.

Bamaman11
Explorer
Explorer
I was a Ford employee for 24 years--until my division was sold. I ended up eventually being a Fiat USA employee when I retired.

Ford pays the dealer 6% profit to handle the A Plan (and other plans). They also have their dealer holdback and Ford Dealer Advertising Plan account, so they're receiving an adequate profit.

And all current dealer incentives and low APR programs go back to the buyer. You cannot beat that deal.

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
OH48Lt wrote:
Bought a new Ford F250 diesel p/u using an A Plan PIN. At that time (maybe still, don't know), an A plan was available only to employees and blood relatives. I knew a guy that worked for Ford, he would sell his allocated A plan pins for $200, just had to tell the dealer he was a brother. He kept $100, his union rep got the other $100. Nowadays, last names don't mean much. That saved me almost $10K on that purchase. Oh, the dealer cannot add any fees on top of that A plan price. No doc fees or any of that phony ****. You pay the predetermined price, sales tax, and a very small title fee.

Around here, almost every Ford dealer will give you X plan pricing right up front. You can almost always beat that price with good negotiation skills.

Hope you buddy gets caught, that is fraud and he could not only lose his job or at minimum he would be band from ever using the employee pricing.

So I have to ask, what does the LT stand for, OH is Ohio 48 is Wood County but what's the LT?

Don

OH48Lt
Explorer
Explorer

2017 Ford F-150 Crew Cab 4x4 3.5 EcoBoost
2014 Cruiser RV Fun Finder 215WKS
2015 Harley Road Glide Special in Amber Whiskey
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Yamaha Grizzly 660 (his)
Polaris Sportsman 500 H.O.(hers)

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
hone eagle wrote:

Correct
-"X plan" meh
-"A plan" much better ,but can be beat on a slow selling line by a good negotiator .
Fun fact - "A plan" used to get suspended on a hot seller because they were all allocated to customers that were willing to pay list.
Employees had to wait until the heat died a bit .

The same holds true for FCA, GM used to have the worst employee pricing but not sure how they pan out any more. Dad use to hate going in to buy a new GM product.

Don

Perrysburg_Dodg
Explorer
Explorer
Fast Mopar wrote:
I work for a company that offers "employee pricing" on GM, Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and Honda vehicles. When I purchased my last new vehicle, I was able to get a slightly better price by not using the "employee pricing" plan.

If you do not "work for FCA" and are not a relative of an employee then you can only receive the supplier or friends discount. Not the employee discount.

Don

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
JALLEN4 wrote:
allen8106 wrote:
I work for an automotive big three supplier who gives us discounts on cars and trucks. Tt's been my experience you can negotiate a better deal with a local dealer than the employee discount gives.

Again, don't confuse "employee discount" with "supplier discount". One is for the employee who actually works for the manufacturer and the other for an employee who works for a supplier to the manufacturer.

Correct
-"X plan" meh
-"A plan" much better ,but can be beat on a slow selling line by a good negotiator .
Fun fact - "A plan" used to get suspended on a hot seller because they were all allocated to customers that were willing to pay list.
Employees had to wait until the heat died a bit .
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

JALLEN4
Explorer
Explorer
allen8106 wrote:
I work for an automotive big three supplier who gives us discounts on cars and trucks. Tt's been my experience you can negotiate a better deal with a local dealer than the employee discount gives.

Again, don't confuse "employee discount" with "supplier discount". One is for the employee who actually works for the manufacturer and the other for an employee who works for a supplier to the manufacturer.

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76