Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Experience with dealers in Central Virgina

dangol
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there,
This is my first post to RV.NET. I am looking into purchasing my first trailer and am curious if any members have had experience with the dealers closest to me that they are willing to share. Those dealers are:
McGeorge's Rolling Hills RV in Ashland Va (near Richmond VA).
Valley RV in Staunton VA
Charlie Obaugh also in Staunton

If you know of any that I missed near to the Waynesboro, Charlottesville, Richmond area that you recommend please share that too.

Thank you Dan Goldberg
13 REPLIES 13

POLORBR
Explorer
Explorer
Stay clear of McGeorges RV. We purchased a class A motorhome a few years ago from McGeorges RV and had nothing but unsatisfactory experiences both with customer relations and with service. As an example, had to return 6 times to get awning repaired. Called one time to see if parts were in and was told that he was too dโ€ฆ. busy to check!! Personnel seemed like they were offended if you asked questions. Once they got your money that was the last time they cared about you. If you plan on spending good money go where you get good service. Don't know what you are looking for but Gloucester RV in Gloucester, Va is family owned and operated. They all know their products and are extremely efficient and helpful. Plus they have very good pricing. Good luck.
--Happy Travels--
Ralph & JoAnn
2013 Wildwood X-Lite 241QB
2003 F150 FX4 Super Cab Lariat 5.4L

irish4
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a TT from McGeorges in December and it was a mixed bag as far as our experience goes. See my post here.

The sales guy was very friendly, but not very knowledgeable about towing and assured us our F150 could tow the unit we were purchasing (which we found out it would've been overloaded by a decent amount).

On the plus side the unit had a small water leak on the lot due to the slide gasket, which they fixed the gasket and replaced the wood that was damaged, then the electric jack shorted during our pre-inspect, which they also replaced with a better jack, then they also installed a wireless keypad lock free of charge due to delays getting us the unit.

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
We are happy with our purchase from Southern RV in Richmond.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
when I was at McGeorges looking at travatos I dealt with Brenton Ruigrok who was very accommodating and showed me what I had asked to see. perhaps you got a different salesperson with a different disposition.
when I was looking at small Yamaha generators, somebody in parts drug one outside and operated it for me, showing how quiet it ran. I have nothing bad to say about my experiences there.
bumpy

twodogs603
Explorer
Explorer
I went to McGeorges several weeks ago to look around. I wanted to look around without anyone bothering me. That doesnt happen there. They sit you down, ask what you want, the saleman then goes to the business manager to see what they have, then they drive you around in a gold cart and show you what they want to show you. Thats ok for some I guess, not what I want. I left there feeling like I accomplished absolutely nothing.
A friend of mine purchased a Fusion Chrome 5th wheel in September. He took it back in November for an awning problem. He just got it back 2 days ago. He is not very happy with McGeorges or the manufacturer at this point. Four months to fix an awning is absurd. McGeorges did nothing to communicate with him. Any time he wanted answers he had to call them.
So Im not sure I could recommend them. I know many many others have probably had a good experience with them.

Markiemark32
Explorer
Explorer
Drove from Atlanta to purchase from McGeorge Rv.

Pricing was competitive.
They had a discontinued floorplan unavailable in our area.
Worked fair with a trade-in.

Pre-delivery - OKAY - was not as knowledgeable to our unit as we would of liked (pretty much went over general stuff, we already knew from owning a RV).

Finance - a little pushy on extended warranty.

Went relatively smoothly, they seem to move a lot of units.

Markiemark:C
Banned member for posting Customer satisfaction maybe catching up : http://rvmiles.com/camping-world-investors-file-class-action-after-stocks-fall-60/
OK to ban per Mark F.

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
How about Dove's Camper Sales in Harrisonburg?

dangol
Explorer
Explorer
>What are you looking at there?
Joe, nothing specific yet. Just looking for where to start looking.
thanks Dan

I was in Richmond for the race last spring and my truck lost the steering box..I was staying at Americamps and scheduled to move to the track on Friday... Truck was not done...

I called McGeorges and the service manager sent an employee with his personal truck on his lunch to move me..

I asked how much , the manager told me to discuss it with the employee , the kid asked if $50.00 sounded fair...I gave him $80.00 and was thrilled..

I was not ( still not ) a customer , they did not have yo do anything for me...

What are you looking at there?

Joe
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

Mike_Taverniti
Explorer
Explorer
We deal with Dodd RV in Yorktown and would recommend them for sales and service.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
dmck413 wrote:
We just bought ours at RV outlet usa in Danville. Great service and prices.

Bought the one we have about 3 years ago at RV Outlet and agree great place to do business.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have no direct experience with them but McGeorges' has been panned here for their service department. they did just open a new larger facility so perhaps that has changed????????
bumpy

dmck413
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought ours at RV outlet usa in Danville. Great service and prices.