cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Experience with Vikings?

Zeegal
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking to buy our first TT and are looking to stay small. We were thinking about a Travel Lite Idea i15Q, but can't find anyone who owns one and have not heard good things from a couple dealers. So, we are now considering a 2013 Viking 14R available locally, and are hoping Viking owners will share your experience with the brand, good or bad. We haven't seen it yet, except for online; may do so this week; what should we look for? Close friends have been very happy with their KZ Sportsman 14RB, but wished it had larger water storage which the Viking has. We will be pulling with a 2012 Highlander, rated for 5,000 lbs with tow package. Ten years ago we tented for 3 mos in the western national parks; a bit older now and just looking to rainproof a bit. Thoughts appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
I never had an Experience with Vikings I wasn't born back then, lol's
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

Zeegal
Explorer
Explorer
The model we are considering is not a pop-up, but it's possible it may have the same potential issue. We will definitely look. Thank you!!

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Our first RV was a Viking pup. It was a nice little setup.
I suggest though that you take a look under any pop-up trailer your considering to see if it has bare wood or if there's a protective plastic material. Otherwise rot and mold are likely.