cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EZ Lift WDH Parts

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Howdy all. Just got back from a long trip and noticed I'd lost one of the pins that keeps the chains locked in place. Anyone know where I can get a new one? I've tried all the normal shops that sell them. They don't carry parts. Tried Camco, they don't list them in replacement parts.

The next question would be if normal cotter pins would be a sufficient replacement? I'd like the design of a cotter pin better, but wonder if they didn't use them for a reason. They use cotter pins everywhere else.

Not sure how I lost it. I know it was in, as I'm in a habit of checking these things every stop. I can narrow it down to the last 400+ miles of the trip. Small chance it was stolen when parked next to several others outside a Walmart during that last 400 miles. I always check right after parking. Guess I'll add checking right before leaving again too.

This is the best picture I could find on the net

15 REPLIES 15

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Another good source for things like that is Tractor Supply and they are located all over the place.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would like to add for anyone with the same or similar WDH, that losing this pin didn't cause any hassles.

The snap up bracket stayed in place while driving, to include backing up into my storage space. Of course, I wouldn't want to rely on it without the pin, but just mentioning that it didn't cause a catastrophic failure while driving.

mleekamp
Explorer
Explorer
Go to a hardware store....you don't need it to match exactly. I carry spare cotter pins for just this type of thing.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
fallsrider wrote:
I believe this is what you are looking for...

http://www.americanrvcompany.com/JR-Products-01044-Three-Sixteenths-Inch-Replacement-Pin-Camper-Trai...

Edit: I should get myself a spare. My snap-up brackets use those, as well.

Exactly what I need! Thank you very much.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
For a quick fix if you need to pack up an go before getting a replacement you can always use a small diameter nail and bend it so it won't fall out. You will need pliers to straighten it out. But would work in crunch mode for you.

APT
Explorer
Explorer
Some kind of locking pin or lynch pin should work, even a cotter pin for one time use. HD?
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

fallsrider
Explorer
Explorer
I believe this is what you are looking for...

http://www.americanrvcompany.com/JR-Products-01044-Three-Sixteenths-Inch-Replacement-Pin-Camper-Trai...

Edit: I should get myself a spare. My snap-up brackets use those, as well.

4aSong
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota98 wrote:
Depending upon the diameter & configuration you need, would one of THESE work ?

This is what I use.
M & N

Tundra TRD V8 4x4 w/Leer Shell
EU2000i * Prodigy * McKesh * Trek * Renogy * ENU

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
djgarcia wrote:
pira114 wrote:
Howdy all. Just got back from a long trip and noticed I'd lost one of the pins that keeps the chains locked in place. Anyone know where I can get a new one? I've tried all the normal shops that sell them. They don't carry parts. Tried Camco, they don't list them in replacement parts.

The next question would be if normal cotter pins would be a sufficient replacement? I'd like the design of a cotter pin better, but wonder if they didn't use them for a reason. They use cotter pins everywhere else.

Not sure how I lost it. I know it was in, as I'm in a habit of checking these things every stop. I can narrow it down to the last 400+ miles of the trip. Small chance it was stolen when parked next to several others outside a Walmart during that last 400 miles. I always check right after parking. Guess I'll add checking right before leaving again too.

Camping world carries a variety of this pins

If only I had a camping world anywhere near me. If I can't find a a replacement, maybe I'll call and see if they can send one (or several) out to me. Can't seem to find one on their website. Maybe I'm not calling them the correct name in my searches.

This is one of the few downsides to living so far away from any large towns. No specialized shops.

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dakota98 wrote:

I'd like that design. Just a matter of finding one that fits diameter wise. I'd have to measure the one I have left. They're pretty small.

MarkTwain
Explorer
Explorer
pira114 wrote:

Camping world carries a variety of this pins

BubDelicious
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced both of mine with the long style padlocks. These.

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

pira114
Explorer II
Explorer II
No dealerships within 100 miles of me. But I'll be passing by one Friday. I'll try that. Thanks