cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Factory Decal Removal

frethel
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone know of an easy way to remove the factory decals from a vinyl? sided travel trailer? I have a 2008 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 21MBLE and the Ameri-Lite decals are pealing and torn. The body panels are in perfect condition, so I don't want to risk damaging them trying to get the decals off.
18 REPLIES 18

Grandpere
Explorer
Explorer
There is no easy way to remove the decals, it takes lots of time, patience and elbow grease. I used a heat gun, plastic scrapers, and an eraser wheel to remove the decals on our MH, then a gallon of acetone to remove the glue residue. In all, it took me 22 hours to get off what I could. There is still some decal striping at the top of the MH, but I am not steady enough to be on a ladder to remove them so they will get removed by the people who are going to paint our MH.
Berniece & Russell Johnson
Lil'Bit, a Netherland Dwarf Rabbit
1987 Southwind
1995 Ford F150 Supercab

Life in the fast lane? No thanks, we will stop and smell the flowers at every opportuity

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
I used a hand-held garmet steamer. Just a little steam at a time, takes patience. Some people use a hair dryer. I used a little WD40 on a cloth to get the glue off. Very tedious work and time to do it.

Old_Days
Explorer II
Explorer II
Be nice the person joined today, We all make mistakes.:)

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
frethel wrote:
Anyone know of an easy way to remove the factory decals from a vinyl? sided travel trailer? I have a 2008 Gulfstream Ameri-Lite 21MBLE and the Ameri-Lite decals are pealing and torn. The body panels are in perfect condition, so I don't want to risk damaging them trying to get the decals off.

WHICH OF YOUR DUPLICATE POSTS DO YOU WANT PEOPLE TO ANSWER ON?
Traveling with my best friend my wife!