cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Financing New Travel Trailer - All I Should Know?

shawnster79fl
Explorer
Explorer
Hello. New to the Site. First Forum Question.

I'm looking to purchase a new Coachmen/Forest River Viking Saga 14SR in Central Texas.

I'm finding them for about $16K

What should I expect my Total amount to be financed, including Taxes, Titles, Wholesale Warranty, Insurance, etc.?

https://www.ronhooverrvs.com/product/new-2023-viking-saga-14sr-1999867-29

And including these options:
RVIA SEAL
SAGA TOWABLES ESSENTIALS PACKAGE
TRAVEL EASY ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE

Are they necessary?

Thank You.

Shawn
20 REPLIES 20

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
If you are also looking for honest finance company then I have had good experience with Bank of the West on a late model 2003 TT I bought in 2003 in Texas from camping world. Also Mechanics Bank of California in last 3 years for purchase of a late model Ram 1500. Interest rates were/are reasonable as I had a high credit schore and no penalty for early payoff. Never any problems. They also do business in many states. You can also check with USAA of San Antionio if you are present or former military member. Cheers from the OK Corral.

+1 on Bank of the West. Very easy to work with, everything done on-line very good interest rates if your credit score is 800+.

They recently became a part of BMO Harris based in Chicago, a part of the larger BMO/Bank of Montreal. I don't think much will change operationally.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I have never heard of Travel Easy Roadside Assistance. May be good. But do your own checking for reviews. When we bought our 5er years ago it came with a "complimentary" roadside assistance. Don't remember the name. I tried using it once and it was less than useless. Even though I repeatedly told the phone rep exactly in detail where I was located (in a rest area a few miles west of Santa Rosa, NM) she could not figure out where that was and kept asking for an address of the rest area I was stopped in. I finally hung up and started calling around myself. If you want ERS I suggest getting a well known name.

StonedPanther
Explorer III
Explorer III
spoon059 wrote:

Those are just stickers put on by the manufacturer. RVIA simply means that it meets the standards of the RV Industry Association. They really don't mean anything.

Exactly.

A sticker provided by a trade group which is supported financially by the Industry / Manufacturer they are certifying. No conflict of interest even possible LOL.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you are also looking for honest finance company then I have had good experience with Bank of the West on a late model 2003 TT I bought in 2003 in Texas from camping world. Also Mechanics Bank of California in last 3 years for purchase of a late model Ram 1500. Interest rates were/are reasonable as I had a high credit schore and no penalty for early payoff. Never any problems. They also do business in many states. You can also check with USAA of San Antionio if you are present or former military member. Cheers from the OK Corral.

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
find a used one,better price ,most the problems all ready fixed, and with new there will be problems.and it won,t sit at the dealers lot waiting on a three dollar parts for two months.

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your taxes will be whatever percent sales tax your state imposes. Maryland is 6%, so $960 in taxes.
Title fee is whatever your state imposes. Maryland is $100 for the title, then about $180 for 2 years registration.
Warranty prices are all over the map, but I would suggest you not buy one, put that money aside to pay out of pocket if you have repairs.
Insurance will be whatever insurance costs in your state. Maryland does not require separate trailer insurance, when you are going down the road your tow vehicle insurance covers it. We pay about $90 year for insurance for when its sitting at a campground, in case something happens to it.

Those are just stickers put on by the manufacturer. RVIA simply means that it meets the standards of the RV Industry Association. The other 2 are simply packages from the manufacturer. They really don't mean anything.
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS