cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

First time poster w/ Battery issues

jschwaby
Explorer
Explorer
Hey there everyone....Just entered the TT world with my first, new to me TT just a few weeks ago. My Wife is pretty excited to experience vacations with the TT since her parents, whom have a Class A motorhome have pushed us to get something to meet them on trips throughout Nevada/California.

In picking our first rig, I took into consideration my trucks limitations (2012 F150 Crew Cab 4x4)...I have only pulled my 20' fishing boat to date, so anything over 22' was going to be new waters for me. Ideally, I wanted a nice cabover with slide-outs, but I am going to have to wait until my lease is up on the truck to upgrade to a Super Duty. I had a small budget for this pilot project as I knew I was going to sell this once we had a better idea of what we wanted; larger TT, cabover, Fifth Wheel or even a Class A or B motorhome...I wanted to stay under $7500. We ended up with a super clean 2001 Starcraft 21CK w/ pop out beds in the front and rear....based off of everything I looked at this was the cleanest rigs that I was able to buy way under asking.

We have been on one trip up North for Memorial Day and worked out most of the bugs while on the trip; Awning needs new vinyl, auto switch for water heater needs to be replaced, Freezer door needs to be replaced and I need to find a better mattress for the drop down beds...and we cannot find the battery (the trailer will hold a charge once unplugged and will power all 12v lights, but we cannot find a battery.

Is anyone familiar with this rig and whether or not there is a battery in there? If not, what is the best set-up for this rig?

Thanks and I look forward to being a part of the RV.NET community.

JS
1 REPLY 1

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Generally batteries are placed on the tongue of the trailer right behind the propane tank. I know on Coleman tent trailers there is a plastic hatch between the tongue frame rails that when removed reveals the battery.