cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleet wood rp172camper

dslc6487
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone had one of these small trailers. My wife and I are looking at buying a used one. We had a pop up years ago when our daughters were small. But have not camped now for 20 years. Can you give me the pros and cons if you have had one. Also can it be towed with a Toyota Tacoma 4 cylinder with 5 speed manual tranny. Any help you can send my way will be appreciated. Just be me and my wife camping. Maybe 2grandchildren. Thank you very much
7 REPLIES 7

mtnbbud
Explorer II
Explorer II
Is this the trailer?

Look up the towing specs on your truck and the specs on the trailer. Be sure to check the tongue weight of the trailer and max tongue weight for your truck.

BlueridgeCoachm
Explorer
Explorer
My neighbors have a Coleman popup camper,,I,m not sure what it weighs but it looks pretty good size. And they tow it with an older Toyota Tacoma 4cy 5sp. I,ve never heard him complain about it. I would go to a Toyota dealer and ask them what the tow rating was on your truck.
2016 Coachmen Catalina 223FB, 26ft // 2016 Ford F150 2WD Super Cab 3.5 EcoBoost Trailer Tow Pkg. 355 eLock rear diff.

trail-explorer
Explorer
Explorer
Need a bigger truck to haul that trailer.
Bob

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
As stated previously. 🙂
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
The only trailer with a model number of RP172 I can find is the R-Pod by Forest River

Google sear for Fleetwood RP172 brings up the R-Pod 172
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

janstey58
Explorer
Explorer
My in-laws have an R-Pod (made by Forest River BTW). They love theirs, a nice sized small trailer for a couple. They pull theirs with a Volvo station wagon, which IMO is a bit underpowered for this RV.
Jeff and Kim
2015 Fleetwood Discovery 40E
Freightliner Chassis 380HP DP
2012 Ford Escape Limited Toad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fleetwood near the end were not really good products. As for towing with a 4cyl Taco? I wouldnt. Simply not enough drive train to pull anything.