cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fleetwood E2 "Toy Hauler Deck Replacement"

PopUp_Canadian
Explorer
Explorer
We recently purchased a 2006 Fleetwood E2 pop up trailer. Its been fantastic so far and is in good shape. We WILL need to replace the piece of particle board that they used for the deck on the front. It seems bolted in, peerhaps to a sliding rail?? Anyone had any experience changing one of these? Im thinking it might be better to go with a 1x6 pressure treated decking board instead of a 'plywood' ?? Any suggestions or comments or experienced would be most welcome. Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only time it should be level enough for a pool is when using it...

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
Can you see what if any supports are under the decking? a 1x6 doesn't sound very sturdy unless there are a bunch of cross supports underneath. Also remember that no matter what wood you use you'll have to put a sealant on every cut edge. Pressure treating is typically only a surface treatment.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

PopUp_Canadian
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the advice guys, Im surprised though. figured water pooling on the deck was the main cause of the issue with rotting. So the individual deck boards would allow for water drainage. And yet the advice is to replace with another board. Interesting. Something to think about for sure, Thanks!

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
EV2 wrote:
SidecarFlip wrote:
I'd use exterior .40 retention pressure treated plywood and replace it once.

And then add a coat of Rhino liner.

I think I would cut to fit, then drive screws or nails on some scrap, spaced to hold the board up. Coat the bottom, and turn it over onto the drying stand, coat top and edges. Instal after it drys

EV2
Explorer
Explorer
SidecarFlip wrote:

And then add a coat of Rhino liner.

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB