cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford stops taking orders on the lightening

way2roll
Navigator
Navigator
Seems after 200k orders these truck are sold out through 2023.

link

Jeff - 2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS
149 REPLIES 149

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
Thats funny. !/2 mile away from me a Subaru dealer just built a big fancy new showroom/office building and blacktopped a huge lot for inventory. My neighbor is the shop foreman and told me that the small building they had was not even close enough for all the Subaru's they sell and service.
See who is laughing when every Subaru has $10,000 to $30,000 ADM.

That's interesting. The largest Subaru dealer in Columbus OH has a total of 4 new vehicles in stock, and 2 of those are 4 dr sedans, all have an ADM tacked on, albeit they do not advertise it. Like most other dealers around here, I am sure you have to show up in person before they attempt to bend you over.

Fun times although when the whole house of cards crashes down shortly the buyers markets will return, as they always do when the sheet hits the fan.
2018 Marathon H3-45
2019 GMC Sierra Denali (Toad)
2012 Grady White 271 Canyon

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
goducks10 wrote:
Thats funny. !/2 mile away from me a Subaru dealer just built a big fancy new showroom/office building and blacktopped a huge lot for inventory. My neighbor is the shop foreman and told me that the small building they had was not even close enough for all the Subaru's they sell and service.
See who is laughing when every Subaru has $10,000 to $30,000 ADM.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Let me know when that lot is full of cars!
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
Lantley wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Have you driven a Tesla?
I believe you would have a better grasp on their innovation if you had.
I was not a Tesla fan until I drove one.
After my drive I instantly realized the ICE was obsolete.
We no longer needed pistons,radiators and cranks to propel a hunk of steel down the road. The complexity of the ICE and all the moving parts were simply no longer necessary.
It was also apparent that EV was capable of being more than a 50 MPG commuter car.
As far as price, initially the base model Tesla's were in the 45K range which is not the cheapest car around but I would not say they are priced for the elite only.
Again Tesla approached EV differently than the legacy dealers, they marketed to a different crowd, they built a car with superb performance,they were not trying to build an econo box.
The legacy dealers did not lack know how, funding, or ability.
More than anything they lacked vision. Their version of EV lacked mass appeal.Their version did not turn heads, their version was mundane vs. innovative. Their version did not sell. Tesla changed the game.
Tesla started a real EV revolution that have lead all legacy dealers to proclaim some version of going full throtle EV by the year 203??.

Yes, very nice but overpriced.

No one with any sense questions if electric motors are better. They have been better since the 1800's when they lost to ICE. The issue was never the electric motor...it was storing and feeding that motor with electricity. Tesla basically uses lots of laptop batteries. No big advance in technology in the last 20-30yrs.

How many $45k Teslas were ever sold? That was marketing hype nothing more.

Sure when you are building for small volume niche product, you can do it different. They are still very much niche, so we will see when the big boys with manufacturing experience

The big boys don't need to be 100% EV, they can put out a few models and meet or exceed Tesla numbers...and they are already doing so.

The big boys are having problems building ICE, nevermind trying to build anything else.
But what the big boys have accidently learned is that the car dealer as we have known it is obsolete. I predict they will slowly convert to a Tesla style salesplan. Huge dealership inventory will be a thing of the past.

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
valhalla360 wrote:
Lantley wrote:
Have you driven a Tesla?
We no longer needed pistons,radiators and cranks to propel a hunk of steel down the road. The complexity of the ICE and all the moving parts were simply no longer necessary.
It was also apparent that EV was capable of being more than a 50 MPG commuter car.
As far as price, initially the base model Tesla's were in the 45K range which is not the cheapest car around but I would not say they are priced for the elite only.
Again Tesla approached EV differently than the legacy dealers, they marketed to a different crowd, they built a car with superb performance,they were not trying to build an econo box.
More than anything they lacked vision. Their version of EV lacked mass appeal.Their version did not turn heads, their version was mundane vs. innovative. Their version did not sell. Tesla changed the game.
Tesla started a real EV revolution that have lead all legacy dealers to proclaim some version of going full throtle EV by the year 203??.

No one with any sense questions if electric motors are better. They have been better since the 1800's when they lost to ICE. The issue was never the electric motor...it was storing and feeding that motor with electricity. Tesla basically uses lots of laptop batteries. No big advance in technology in the last 20-30yrs.

Sure when you are building for small volume niche product, you can do it different. They are still very much niche, so we will see when the big boys with manufacturing experience

The big boys don't need to be 100% EV, they can put out a few models and meet or exceed Tesla numbers...and they are already doing so.

The big boys are having problems building ICE, nevermind trying to build anything else.
But what the big boys have accidently learned is that the car dealer as we have known it is obsolete. I predict they will slowly convert to a Tesla style salesplan. Huge dealership inventory will be a thing of the past.
Correct Trax,Splendide

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Lantley wrote:
Have you driven a Tesla?

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III
Grit dog wrote:
Lol ^.
Can Tesla compete in the future? Thatโ€™s the funniest thing Iโ€™ve heard todayโ€ฆ.
Literally made the founder the richest man in the world and someone is questioning his ability to make money? (Aka, his ability to keep Tesla relevantโ€ฆ)
Thatโ€™s like questioning if Amazon or Apple have a solid business planโ€ฆ
(Sent from my iPhone that I bought on Amazonโ€ฆlol)

PayPal is what made him rich and he locked in that profit.

The Tesla money could go poof in a heartbeat. The stock value is mostly built on hype and future hopes.

I will give him, he is great at hyping and capturing govt subsidies.

Running a large company long term in a competitive market...we'll see how it turns out.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
For your viewing enjoyment. @ an 18%+ market adjustment and it's a 2021 LOL, but it's "in stock" and is probably afflicted with the suspension failures when taken off the pavement and body leaks which are being reported more and more with the Bronco.

2018 Marathon H3-45

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
philh wrote:
Wade44 wrote:
It's all lip service.

Buoyed by state's franchise laws

It's super special here in OH. In most states the word/term "wholesale" in name or advertising is not allowed to be used, not so here. You would be surprised at the number of idiots that fall for that one and think theyre getting a deal. We have "wholesale" car dealers, "wholesale" RV dealers, "wholesale" appliance stores, take your pick. I can jump over the line up to your neck of the woods, or over to PA, and beat the tar out of any of their prices on anything.
2018 Marathon H3-45

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
Wade44 wrote:
It's all lip service.

Buoyed by state's franchise laws

JKJavelin
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've never been in a Tesla, but my daughter got an Uber ride in one recently. She said only one thing and it probably sums it all up. She said she felt like she was in the future.
JK
2018 Ram 3500 Laramie Cummins 6.7
2016 Open Range RF316RLS
Titan Disc Brakes
Trailair pinbox
Morryde AllTrek 4000 w/ wetbolt kit
Demco Autoslide
570 watts of Solar

2017-2022 555 Nights
2023- 106 Nights

Wade44
Explorer
Explorer
8.1 Van wrote:
F-150 lightning outrageous dealer markups: Ford fires warning shot

In a nutshell. "Lets make a threatening statement to our dealers publicly, it will look good, then do nothing"

GM made almost the same statement publicly over a year ago but there are still a lot of dealers here in OH tacking on $5000 "market adjustments" and the allocations were not touched in any way shape or form.

It's all lip service.
2018 Marathon H3-45

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
valhalla360 wrote:
Lantley wrote:
I take it you've never driven a Tesla?
The super large touch screen, dual motors, full internet intergration are quite innovative.
The innovation started with a different mindset.
They chose to build a car with performance vs. an econmy drive commuter car.
If the lagacy dealers had the same mindset they wre sure keeping it a secret.

Touch screens and internet are not specific to Tesla or to EVs. The legacy manufacturers have had them for quite a while now. Tesla didn't drive these features.

Multiple motors are a simple feature of EVs, nothing particularly innovative about it.

They had to market to the high end virtue signalers because there weren't enough average people who could afford one. As it moves beyond a niche product, they will have to come down and play in the same market as the legacy manufacturers. The real question is can Tesla succeed with direct competition in their niche.

Have you driven a Tesla?
Correct Trax,Splendide