cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full Size Murphy Bed

jovialwoodchuck
Explorer
Explorer
I just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone here has some knowledge I'm not finding through Google.

I've been looking at the Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS, it would be absolutely perfect for my family. Here's the issue: The Murphy Bed is a "short queen", and I'm a tall person. I've looked around, and it looks like everyone that does a Murphy Queen does it with a short length.

Does anyone out there make a travel trailer with a side-lift Murphy Queen, which would allow it to be normal size?
5 REPLIES 5

blderman
Explorer
Explorer
jovialwoodchuck wrote:
I just thought I'd throw this out there, in case someone here has some knowledge I'm not finding through Google.

I've been looking at the Forest River Flagstaff Micro Lite 25BHS, it would be absolutely perfect for my family. Here's the issue: The Murphy Bed is a "short queen", and I'm a tall person. I've looked around, and it looks like everyone that does a Murphy Queen does it with a short length.

Does anyone out there make a travel trailer with a side-lift Murphy Queen, which would allow it to be normal size?

I just ordered a Jayco 23MBH. Same basic layout as the trailer you are looking at but it has a slightly longer Murphy Bed.
1 DW
2 DS
1 DD
Jayco 23BHS on order as of 3/19/15
2014 F150 SCREW LB 4x4 Ecoboost Max Tow (Beats my 02 7.3 PS hands down)
Can't wait for bow season!

jovialwoodchuck
Explorer
Explorer
Genius. Thanks for the suggestion.

John_H
Explorer
Explorer
Here is what I did,
take a piece of Lexan and turn one end up to 1/4" less than the thickness of your mattress. Now cut a double dense y foam the height of your mattress, the other width/size of this foam is what you will fell you need for a comfortable foot/ankle support while stretch out on your side of the bed,. sticking out from the mattress bottom. Now for one of the other sizes of this lexan, This has to be long enough,,,, to be able to support your foam's length and width and to be able to slide under your mattress a distance/length to do so.
When not in use remove the foam and slide Lexan forward under you mattress untill the angle rest agaist the mattress bottom side.
John H

jovialwoodchuck
Explorer
Explorer
Yes.... that's why I specifically asked about a side-lift. That would allow a bed height up to the width of the trailer.

Edit: Standard Queen height is 80", most trailers are around 96" external width. So that leaves 16" for walls and bed frame. There would probably even be enough room left for a small table on one end.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Just my guess, but the length of the bed of the bed will be determined by the height of the ceiling.