cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Furnace not working

stigle
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 32 ft tt and am hooked up to 30 amp. Does the furnace rely on the battery and propane to operate? My battery is dead because my convertor is not working. My heater now will not run either. Are these problems related or separate? Would appreciate any advice! Damsel in distress!!
7 REPLIES 7

stigle
Explorer
Explorer
You guys are great! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. And relieved the problems all stem around my battery. Just picked up a charger and hopefully will stay warm tonight!

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was just pointing that out for other newbies who might not realize.
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
toedtoes wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Portable battery charger better method. Just plug it into an outlet (even one on tt) and connect to your tt battery.

As long as your TT is plugged into shore power so the TT outlet is getting power.

OP states hooked up to 30A power so suggestion was to address OPs current situation
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Portable battery charger better method. Just plug it into an outlet (even one on tt) and connect to your tt battery.

As long as your TT is plugged into shore power so the TT outlet is getting power.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Need to get your RV Battery charged........either by using a portable battery charger or via jumper cables to your vehicle

Then you can keep battery charged, use the battery for DC power until you can replace your converter.

With a charged battery furnace will operate, Fridge will operate, water heater will operate (Furnace uses ALL DC, Fridge/water heater can operate on AC but need the DC for controls----if water heater has electric element)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

cruiserjs
Explorer
Explorer
Toedtoes is correct. The 12 volt system - most appliances - relies on a battery in the circuit.
Colorado Cruiser
Cruiser CF29CK 5th wheel; 2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD, 2wd, short bed
wonderful lifetime traveling companion/spouse

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yes, they are connected. In order for your propane heater to work, you have to have battery power to run the fan in it, etc.