cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go to brands

rickhise
Explorer
Explorer
I'm oncraigslist every night looking for a hybrid ultra light about 20 ft unit. Ball park under 10k. I have owed several used old an tired used pop ups.

Here's my question. Are there builders with quality through out.
Everything from the photos looks like pressed wood and after a glass of ice tea sits there it warps.

Is it just a given this is what you will get?
What brands over the last 5 years put the quality in the product.

Yes I understand my $ may not be enough. But I'd like to know which brand I can trust Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

Cheesehead62
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, easy now, I bust my hump to keep my 07 looking spankin new, and updated.:B

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
I think you need to focus on trying to find any 5 year old hybrid that's in decent shape, no matter what the brand is.
you'll be lucky just to find any.
not many hybrid owners take care of theirs.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

KMP44
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco & Forest River seem to be the most dedicated to the hybrid segment and have the most market share over the last 5 years. I would focus on those brands - Jayco, StarCraft, Roo, Shamrock, Palomino Solaire.

But with a used unit, condition is probably the most important thing. Check thoroughly for any signs of leaks or other problems.
2005 F-150 FX-4
2013 Rockwood Roo 23IKSS

Jayco25E
Explorer
Explorer
I can not speak for others but Jayco does tend to use better wood in there cabinets My counter tops are Formica over pressed wood but the cabinets are real wood. And the cabinet doors are even tong and grooved put together.
2008 Chevy Avalanche
Current 2021 Coachman Apex 300BHS
Past 2005 Jayco 25E HTT
1 kid (but always end up with a full camper)
2 retired Greyhounds

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
Jayco and Forest River are probably the most common brands out there. No matter who you select they all have their idiosyncrasies. Our ROO has not had many issues of which most were minor. We had to replace the floor due to the toilet valve rupturing and the roof do to a leaking bathroom vent. Both well into the years of owning, which it is now 15 years old and those repairs were done three years ago. None the fault of Forest River.