cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

good deal?

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
So after the disaster Saturday with dealer damaging our TT we went ahead and committed to a Coachman Freedom Express Liberty Edition 320bhsle, MSRP is 43578.86, I am paying 31,173 Out the door, that includes tax, plates, Equilizer hitch setup, extra tv mount, bike rack added to back of unit, I am supposed to pickup in the morning, now I am wondering am I getting a good deal, BTW it is a 2017 model
25 REPLIES 25

xteacher
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your new TT - wow, that's a big thing! Happy camping!!

If the trailer is set up too nose high, it can cause more sway and make your ride squirreley. It's best if completely level, or if that's not possible, slightly nose down.

Best to let the fridge cool at least overnight before loading any food. Also, put food in that's already cold. RV fridges are not as good as home fridges - just the nature of them. One trick you can use if you need to load food before your RV fridge is cool enough is to put frozen bottles of water from home in the fridge as you're driving to the campground. This will help the fridge to cool down faster. Once the water bottles thaw, you can then use them for drinking water.
Beth and Joe
Camping Buddies: Maddie (maltese/westie?), Kramer (chi/terrier?), and Lido (yellow lab)

2017 Keystone Bullet 248RKS
2014 Aliner Expedition Off Road
2013 Ram 1500 HEMI

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
So how much difference will that make, lowering the hitch a little?

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
summitpower wrote:
So its at campsite, I think they may have set hitch up a little off, seems to push and drag on truck at times, also figured out that its a long trailer, took some time to get used to it, I wondered if I made a smart choice buying the extended warranty and premiere protection for outside and inside. Seemed for a extra 23 a month to be covered 8yrs for everything was a good deal...also once it was all set up(which backing it in was a pain) it didn't seem like fridge was getting cold, but freezer did fairly quick, is this normal?

Also how do I post pics, keeps asking for url, they are on my computer in a file?

From the looks of the pic you posted the front of the trailer appears to be a little high which could cause the push and drag you feel. Take some time and go through the hitch set up yourself.

Good looking rig.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats!!!

Enjoy the new rig!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

98coachman
Explorer
Explorer
Nice looking trailer! Enjoy it.:)
Bill

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
I usually allow at least a day for the fridge to get cold. So that's normal. Though I am starting to put ice jugs inside to help the fridge get cold quicker.

Follow my signature link for the wd adjustment.

Enjoy the new rig!!

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
summitpower wrote:
So its at campsite, I think they may have set hitch up a little off, seems to push and drag on truck at times, also figured out that its a long trailer, took some time to get used to it, I wondered if I made a smart choice buying the extended warranty and premiere protection for outside and inside. Seemed for a extra 23 a month to be covered 8yrs for everything was a good deal...also once it was all set up(which backing it in was a pain) it didn't seem like fridge was getting cold, but freezer did fairly quick, is this normal?

Also how do I post pics, keeps asking for url, they are on my computer in a file?

Yes, it is normal for the freezer to get cold fairly quickly but it will take a lot longer for the regular refrigerator compartment to cool down. Some units take over 8 hours. It helps to put a small battery powered fan in there to circulate the air. Also, do not put warm items in there until it has already cooled down.

You asked how to post pictures. Here is the procedure. It is a seperate site and you do not use the normal picture icon at the top of the posting box.

To post pictures on the forum.
1. Click here to go to the forums special photo page.
2. Upload your pictures one at a time to the site.
3. Copy/paste the resulting URL directly into your post here on the forum with no changes.

Your picture will appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.

Again it is simply:
1. Upload picture to site
2. Copy resulting url
3. Paste url into your post.
You are done. ๐Ÿ™‚
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
You can rest assured that no matter how good a deal you made, someone somewhere got a better deal; and someone somewhere got a far worse deal.

If the floor plan, tow vehicle and cost are within you budget, you got a good deal.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
we went ahead and committed to a...
At this point, does it matter? Happy camping!
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
Did get E4, going thru now doing exterior protection and interior...will finally have in next hour

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like a pretty good price. Are still staying with the E2 or did you step up to the 4 way Equal-I-Zer system?

Also, the bike rack on the back, is that mounted to the bumper? If so, the bumper on most trailers (not sure about your exact model!) is usually very thin and will end up ripping due to the stress of the bikes over time. If a frame mounted set up you should be good.

Hope all goes well!!!