cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honoring warranty work between dealerships

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone enlighten me as to how warranty work is honored from one dealership to another? Case in point, local dealership has done work under extended warranty, and has made my truck progressively worse through 3 attempts to complete the repair. It needs to be addressed a fourth time. It's still under warranty. Another dealership I trust is farther away and much less convenient, but I trust them to fix it right, and I've lost all faith in the first one. I don't wish to pay a deductible again for the same problem. How is the second dealership paid? Is it covered under the extended, or the dealership? I don't want the second one to get screwed while the first one gets off the hook. Anyone know? Thanks!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard
8 REPLIES 8

ROBERTSUNRUS
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
Do not know about a FORD FACTORY WARRANTY but my Chrysler extended warranty waives the deductible if the same problem reoccurs within 90 days

🙂 Hi, if the same problem occurs within 90 days, it's a comeback. Meaning it was not fixed right the first time. And the owner or factory should not have to pay anything for a repeat repair.
🙂 Bob 🙂
2005 Airstream Safari 25-B
2000 Lincoln Navigator
2014 F-150 Ecoboost
Equal-i-zer
Yamaha 2400

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your responses. I took some time and visited the second dealer this morning. Just had to document the original attempt at repair (save those service orders!) which then determined if it is covered as a service warranty or extended. As I understand it, since I'm well within the 2 year shop warranty I shouldn't have to repay the deductible since the original dealership didn't/couldn't fix it right, (x3, actually). Thanks again!
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
I am thinking a call to your extending warranty company rather than a post here will give you the answer you are seeking.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Do not know about a FORD FACTORY WARRANTY but my Chrysler extended warranty waives the deductible if the same problem reoccurs within 90 days
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
If it is a factory extended warranty then it shouldn't matter what dealer you take it to.
Probably lose your deductible unless you try to get the zone manager involved.

I had a truck with factory extended warranty. Bought at one dealer, serviced at another with the warranty. No questions asked.

Charlie_D_
Explorer
Explorer
Since you are posting in the tow vehicle forum I assume you are speaking of your tow vehicle. Extended warranties of vehicles are a different animal than warranties by manufacturers. The Big 3 have a vested interest in keeping warranty costs down and may pay a different interest in repeat work. Not so much on extended warranties. Call the warranty company for help.

Rv's-not so much. Manufacturers could care less. Get them out the door and wait until the warranty is over. We see the same issues everyday with RV dealers failing the buyers.
Enjoying Your Freedom?
Thank A Veteran
Native Texan
2013 Prime Time Crusader 330MKS
2018 Chevy 2500 D/A Z71 4x4 Offroad
2006 Holiday Rambler Savoy 33SKT-40,000 trouble free miles-retired
2006 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired
2013 Chevy 2500 D/A-retired

Y-Guy
Call your extended warranty provider, they should be able to tell you. If they have already paid the 1st dealership you might end up paying the deductible, but they also might go back at them for not repairing the problem. That one call should answer your questions.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Houston_Remodel
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased our TT new from CW. After banging our heads against the wall a few too many times, we now go to a mom & pop dealership further away. No problems.

I wish you the same success.
2015 Starcraft Launch 24RLS
2014 Ram 2500 diesel 4x4
Guarded by 2 Jack Russells