cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got excited yesterday!

thetroutman4
Explorer
Explorer
Saw a Palomino Mavrick TC with a slide yesterday (Saturday) driving into downtown Tulsa. A rare sighting in this TC-poor part of the country! Looked well outfitted on a Ford I think, with bikes mounted on front. Guess I get excited easily! HA!
20 REPLIES 20

SpknTC
Explorer
Explorer
Gosh over here they're a dime a dozen and I still gawk & give a woot woot!!
Ford F450 6.7L PSD DRW 4X4
Arctic Fox 865

steve68steve
Explorer
Explorer
I rarely see them around SE PA, either. I get a LOT of attention with the TC. People do double-takes, stop and look at it, walk around it...

We went to several local RV shows looking for TCs before we bought. Even the dealers 'never heard' of a TC. At a show in NJ, a dealer told me (true story): "we don't carry those - there's just no market for them. Everyone wants a trailer... Oh wait, I remember we took one as a trade once - boy that thing started a bidding war."
Uh, that's the opposite of "no market for them", isn't it?

We finally saw a Maverick at a show in PA - people were mobbing it, amazed that such a thing existed. One lady climbed the steps and loudly proclaimed, "oh my God - it's like an RV in here!!"
2013 Travel Lite 960RX
2001 Ford F350 Diesel Super Cab Long Bed

thetroutman4
Explorer
Explorer
mark_be wrote:
I would get excited as wel if I saw an (other) American TC (than mine) over here. 🙂

I could understand that!

thetroutman4
Explorer
Explorer
dreeder wrote:
thetroutman4 wrote:
Saw a Palomino Mavrick TC with a slide yesterday (Saturday) driving into downtown Tulsa. A rare sighting in this TC-poor part of the country! Looked well outfitted on a Ford I think, with bikes mounted on front. Guess I get excited easily! HA!

Your not alone I got excited easily as well. I like seeing everyone's camper's when they head out on Friday and come back Sunday. One thing nice about Colorado is that there is no shortage of them, its like eye candy rolling down the road every weekend.

Don't see hardly any around Tulsa. Especially with a slide! We drove all the way to Oregon to get ours!
Forgot to check the tag to see where it was from...

Targa
Explorer
Explorer
thetroutman4 wrote:

Your not alone I got excited easily as well. I like seeing everyone's camper's when they head out on Friday and come back Sunday. One thing nice about Colorado is that there is no shortage of them, its like eye candy rolling down the road every weekend.

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
I would get excited as wel if I saw an (other) American TC (than mine) over here. 🙂
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar