cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Grey water reg

mcpre
Explorer
Explorer
We were informed that the county we camp in has come up with new reg requiring proper sewage hook-up for grey water, thru the Health dept.. Ive been camping since the sixties and the ol hose to a drain tile was always fine. This I feel will put a real "drain" on us permanent campers, after decades of the status quo. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any new regs this season.
Mark and Carmela
Rosie
2011 Jayco 33rlds on river
8 REPLIES 8

mcpre
Explorer
Explorer
I open up tomorrow but I have no idea what the procedure is going to be, I figure Im going to have to empty it into a tote but will I be dumping it where the camp waste dump is, that's my guess.
All over Ohio it has always been acceptable to drain into a tile, still is in other counties I imagine.
Mark and Carmela
Rosie
2011 Jayco 33rlds on river

crabbin_cabin
Explorer II
Explorer II
mcpre wrote:
We were informed that the county we camp in has come up with new reg requiring proper sewage hook-up for grey water, thru the Health dept.. Ive been camping since the sixties and the ol hose to a drain tile was always fine. This I feel will put a real "drain" on us permanent campers, after decades of the status quo. I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any new regs this season.

Permanent campers?? You do need to follow ANY and ALL local regulations!! Drain it properly!!

MNGeeks61
Explorer
Explorer
Our permanent camper also has to be hooked up to the tank via PVC pipe... the county I'm in also outlawed "blue boys" and started enforcing fines, not just on that, but a lot of rules they had let slip in the past. I think they started realizing what a cash cow they had in a permanent campground.

AirForceAngler
Explorer
Explorer
I'm betting that you were always supposed to be connected to sewer with your grey water, they're just now going to start enforcing it. Even when we had a pop-up with a sink, we were suppose to have it drained into a sealed container then dispose of it in the dump station.
2013 Toyota Tundra DoubleCab 4x4 iForce 5.7
2014 Grey Wolf by Forest River 26BH TT

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
The new regulations probably can be meet, with some PVC pipe.
Not that much cost.
Only need to install one time for permanent campers.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Regulations vary by state and county. Non Compliance is not an option. It may be time for an upgrade
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's been that way here for a while and one reason I have a 35 gallon tote. When you go to get groceries, dump the tote....

Or as they say with the exploding Idaho wolf problem.... SSS(shoot/shovel and shut up) and heavy on the shut up.:B
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Been to many campgrounds that required a secure/sealed connection to the drain pipe...something like a twist on lock connection or a "donut" at the stand pipe.

Donut...HERE
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro