cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hard side series pop up?

grumpysmurf
Explorer
Explorer
we have been looking at pop up trailers and was introduced to the hard series. Can anyone share any experience with these, pro's and con's, other than they are a lot more expensive and take just minutes to set up.
Thank you!
17 REPLIES 17

eichacsj
Explorer
Explorer
We had a large Jayco pop-up (24' setup) we bought it for camping and traveling. Your right we could be setup and in our chairs in less than 10 min. We loved the open felling, when all the windows down you felt like you were in the woods.

What drove us to change was traveling. You can stop at truck stops, rest areas, Walmart, etc. But to setup the pop-up in those you can't/shouldn't do. They are not meant to camp there. In a hard side you can pull over every where and catch some zzzz's and get back going again (we don't even set our slides out in those cases). If you plan to always stay at campgrounds while traveling the Pop-up would still be great, definitely as good or better for boon-docking.

Good luck making your decision.
2014 Arctic Fox 30U
2001 Silverado 2500 HD, 4WD
8.1 Vortec / 4.10 gears / ATS Stage 2 Allison Transmission with Co-Pilot
Tekonsha Prodigy P2 Brake Controller
Reece Class 5 Hitch with 1700lb bars

wing_zealot
Explorer
Explorer
I had an Apache about 20 years ago. Loved that trailer. I would probably still have it but my wife wanted air conditioning and a bathroom. I'm not at all familiar with any current hard side pop-ups however. How much different is the weight on a hard side pop-up compared to a HTT of same size?

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
Everyone I've run into that has an A-line (real campers), has been very happy with them.