cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Where is everyone? Marty is still alive, he posted over on general.

Anyone know what is best (gas or diesel)?

How much air should I put in my tires?

I did see the picture of Phil's new Ford on FW section. Very nice! Ford gassers are best, aren't they?

Have a great day!

Jerry
66 REPLIES 66

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Ahhhh, MT, Gods Country! The Alaska of the lower 48!
Some day…..I will live there….hopefully!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
MFL wrote:
I am no fisherman, never had much luck, or knowledge of the subject.

Some years back, I was pretty good at catch n release, but had nothing to do with fishing.

I know 2014 does fly fishing, likely in some beautiful areas. Be nice to see a couple pics!

Anyway, a little activity on TV section, maybe a bit of help to advertisers?

Jerry

I'll look thru the archives for some pictures , I don't take many. One trout looks the same as another 🙂 I do have several of friends , I like to have those . When I first started fishing in Montana at this place we go every summer we met these guys, and their wife's that were retired , we were not . Now we are retired , and those guys no longer go up there. They are still ALL alive , except for a couple of the wife's 😞 , four in their 90's , and three more that are getting there . I keep in touch with most of them. One in particular I fished with a lot over the years , he quit coming this past summer , he is only 83 .

Yes there is worse places to be then Montana in the summer , and not much worse in the winter :B I was raised in northern Montana ,and it got a bit chilly there in the winter .

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
Season was cut short for Chinooks unfortunately.

Appears to be a silver , still fun to catch , especially on a fly rod .

Actually it was a Pink Salmon.

Its been awhile since I have fished off the coast of Washington ,and Oregon . It was silvers that we were catching .

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up and drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!

Catching trout ,or salmon with gear can be difficult to release , especially treble hooks ,or if they get hooked too far down in their mouth or throat. Any bleeding at all they are usually a goner . Over playing them is tough on them, if they end up on their side coming in ,they are overplayed . It's always good to bring them in as fast as possible especially if you release them . If you are releasing them, and worked them pretty hard after you unhook them, you should work them back, and forth in the water by the tail, or gently by the body until they can swim off on their own. More or less revive them .

It's rare with the fly fishing I do to hook them anywhere but in the lip or side of the mouth. I fish a lot where it's catch ,and release , and they need to be handled with care . The hooks are pretty small , very seldom anything bigger then size 12. If possible I don' handle them at all out of the water or even touch them , I can reach down ,and unhook them . If they are too big ,and squirrely I will net them .

With what little salmon fishing I do these days it's the land locked Kokanee we catch , and its with a friend out of his boat . We usually keep a limit for smoking or just cooking . They are hard to beat for eating . Very seldom do I keep a trout, we do occasionally in Montana out of a lake to smoke, but it's rare , more fun to release to catch another day . 🙂

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
I am no fisherman, never had much luck, or knowledge of the subject.

Some years back, I was pretty good at catch n release, but had nothing to do with fishing.

I know 2014 does fly fishing, likely in some beautiful areas. Be nice to see a couple pics!

Anyway, a little activity on TV section, maybe a bit of help to advertisers?

Jerry

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Its been awhile since I have fished off the coast of Washington ,and Oregon . It was silvers that we were catching .

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up an
d drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!

You are suppose to give them Fish CPR before letting them go!
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Released every Silver caught as they were "NATIVE". Over half turned belly up and drifted down into the darkness. VERY frustrating!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
Cummins12V98 wrote:

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III

cummins2014
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
With all the areas that our Governor closed for Salmon fishing we did manage to catch a few. Wife finally caught her first Salmon.

Nice ,where are the big ones . :B

Bionic_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Took my Expedition in for the cam phaser rattle recall today. Got in and it still has the rattle. So now I’m on “the list” for replacement parts…..

Anyone have a firm date on when the extended version of the Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer come out?
2012 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn DRW CC 4x4 Max Tow, Cummins HO, 60 gallon RDS aux fuel tank, Reese 18k Elite hitch
2003 Dodge Ram 3500 QC SB 4x4 Cummins HO NV5600 with Smarty JR, Jacobs EB (sold)
2002 Gulf Stream Sea Hawk 29FRB with Honda EV6010

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Me Again wrote:
blofgren wrote:
Me Again wrote:
Oh yeah, the F150 has the Pro trailer assist backing feature, which insults my truck driving years, however it is pretty neat. And the little 2.7 Ecoboost does a great job in the F150. I had one half ownership of a 56 Ford Sedan in the USCG back in the 60's and my first wife had a Ford when we got married. I was a Chevy truck guy for years before becoming a RAM guy. Never owned a Japanese truck, however had six Honda cars.

Yes, the new F150 is a pretty sweet truck. I had the opportunity to demo a new F150 Powerboost for a weekend in April and it was an absolute rocket! And very well equipped with navigation in XLT trim.

Mine is a 4x4 Sport 302A group with Copilot 360, 360 cameras, 12" display with nav, electric locking diff on and on.

Beautiful truck! I love the color too. I'm sure you'll be very happy with it. :C
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

blofgren
Explorer
Explorer
Cummins12V98 wrote:
With all the areas that our Governor closed for Salmon fishing we did manage to catch a few. Wife finally caught her first Salmon.

Very nice!
2013 Ram 3500 Megacab DRW Laramie 4x4, 6.7L Cummins, G56, 3.73, Maximum Steel, black lthr, B&W RVK3670 hitch, Retrax, Linex, and a bunch of options incl. cargo camera
2008 Corsair Excella Platinum 34.5 CKTS fifth wheel with winter package & disc brakes

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III