cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help find this floorplan

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are doing some pre-purchase homework for next year. We have found a floor plan we like however finding other manufacturers with a similar floor plan is proving to be difficult.

OutdoorsRV 23DBS

The other floor plan we "love" is the Jayco 28BHBE however there are no dealers near Alaska that want to deal on pricing. This unit alone they want 35k+ shipping, Indiana has it for 22k.

The big reasons we like it is the double wide bunks for our son, large holding tanks, 60x80 queen bed (I am 6'2") and the entertainment center in the middle. Only reason for the entertainment center is for rainy days and we are hoping to do some 2-3 week vacations in the future with it.

We are not opposed to the typical 26BHS models with the couch as well, however up here in Alaska the smaller the TT the easier it is to get into campgrounds.

Money is always a factor, the Creekside campers go for 30k+ by the time they get to Alaska. I looked at the Keystone Passports but their smaller holding tanks are a no-go. Ran into the same issue with our last Keystone Outback with 50/40/40.
2009 Ford F350 V10 4.10 FX4 Crew Cab SRW, Timbrens, Leer Topper
18 REPLIES 18

patperry2766
Explorer
Explorer
Forest River Surveyor
Courage is the feeling you have right before you fully understand the situation

skripo
Explorer
Explorer
Kalabin wrote:
My wife and I are doing some pre-purchase homework for next year. We have found a floor plan we like however finding other manufacturers with a similar floor plan is proving to be difficult.

OutdoorsRV 23DBS

Try the Fun Finder 242BDS, it's nearly identical. Exceptional interior and I saw over 50 trailers before buying this one.

I looked at the pics of the one you linked to and you get way more in the Fun Finder, starting with solid surface counter, stainless sink, etc.

This dealer gives a great tour of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJzWswAw67s

Here is a link to the Fun Finder Site:

http://cruiserrv.com/products-2015/fun-finder/floor-plans
2015 Fun Finder 242 BDS

Kalabin
Explorer
Explorer
samhain7 wrote:
My starcraft 289bhs is the almost exact same as that Jayco.
Any starcraft dealers near you?

Negative,

However we are fine shipping one up from Washington if we can find a good dealer to work with. I'm leaning towards the 23DBS floor plan because it is a is a more manageable size camper.

We liked the larger one because it has an actual door to the bedroom.
2009 Ford F350 V10 4.10 FX4 Crew Cab SRW, Timbrens, Leer Topper

samhain7
Explorer
Explorer
My starcraft 289bhs is the almost exact same as that Jayco.
Any starcraft dealers near you?
Final notice from MasterCard. Good! I'm sick of hearing from them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins, E2 WD w/sway
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 289BHS