cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HELP Please!!! 2011 Keystone Passport 2590bh

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
So I started messing with the cabling around my battery to troubleshoot another issue. I need someone with a TT similar or the same as mine to take a picture behind their battery so I can see what the two breakers are that are there. I know one of them is a shortstop 12V R41 50A breaker but I don't know what the other one is. It's about the same as the shortstop but just a black plastic instead of the silver color like the shortstop, it also doesn't have any markings on the outside.

If anyone out there has around a 2011 Keystone passport 2590bh or similar TT will you be so kind as to snap a quick pic of these two devices right behind the battery box on the frame please?
13 REPLIES 13

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
Boxerslave wrote:
Hi JHardan. Yes the heavy wire connecting both comes from battery positive to the first breaker and is jumped (same terminal) to the other breaker as power supply for second breaker.

Awesome! Thank you very much! I have ordered the two shortstops and will put them on as soon as they arrive.

Boxerslave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi JHardan. Yes the heavy wire connecting both comes from battery positive to the first breaker and is jumped (same terminal) to the other breaker as power supply for second breaker.

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
Boxerslave wrote:
Hi J Hardin. Checked mine today, both Short stop 50 amp. One goes to power dist. box and trailer brakeaway switch, other to 12g heavy cable running into trailer (converter ?) and power jack. Dave

Where yours connected together as well? Mine have a thick black cable that connects the two. I'll order two news ones today. Thanks for looking! I really appreciate it.

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Some of the Shortstop breakers are manual reset. You may wish to pull the red cover off to see if there is a reset button on the bottom of the questionable breaker. If you do have a manual reset, you may wish to replace it with an auto-reset breaker so that the head scratching is lessened.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Boxerslave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi J Hardin. Checked mine today, both Short stop 50 amp. One goes to power dist. box and trailer brakeaway switch, other to 12g heavy cable running into trailer (converter ?) and power jack. Dave

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
Boxerslave wrote:
Hi J Hardin. Circuit breakers are very easy to test, 12v in 12v out. If both studs have battery voltage they are good. Voltage one stud only bad. They are known as resetting breakers and thats why they are rated for amp draw they will take before a reset. Have nothing to do with the 30 or 50 a/c 110 side these are 12v from battery. Going to read writing on them now. Mine are not in the holders you have but are bolted to the frame like your holders. Too tough to read, can not pop them out. Throw a test light on them and see if all 4 poles light up Dave

One of them was already broke so I figured if I'm going to replace one, might as well do them both.

My only thing is, if both of these are the exact same, why would they put two of them back to back, unless the wiring is going to different places. Maybe I need to put the wires back to where they were and see if they go to different places on the TT.

Boxerslave
Explorer
Explorer
Hi J Hardin. Circuit breakers are very easy to test, 12v in 12v out. If both studs have battery voltage they are good. Voltage one stud only bad. They are known as resetting breakers and thats why they are rated for amp draw they will take before a reset. Have nothing to do with the 30 or 50 a/c 110 side these are 12v from battery. Going to read writing on them now. Mine are not in the holders you have but are bolted to the frame like your holders. Too tough to read, can not pop them out. Throw a test light on them and see if all 4 poles light up Dave

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
Boxerslave wrote:
Hello 2011 passport 195 rb Same setup on mine but both of mine exactly the same, both circuit breakers. One leads into the trailer directly and other runs into power distribution box. Possible someone changed one out at sometime? Retired liscensed mechanic so if you want me to trace them for you can do. What kind of problem are you having? Dave

Thank you for the reply. Do both of yours have writing on them to identify them? I just want to make sure if they are the same I need to purchase two instead of just one. I have the picture that will tell me where the wires go so I don't think I need them traced. Thank you for the offer though!

Boxerslave
Explorer
Explorer
Hello 2011 passport 195 rb Same setup on mine but both of mine exactly the same, both circuit breakers. One leads into the trailer directly and other runs into power distribution box. Possible someone changed one out at sometime? Retired liscensed mechanic so if you want me to trace them for you can do. What kind of problem are you having? Dave

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer

The first picture you can see the black plastic screwed to the frame just like the shortstop silver one. You can also see that the actual fuse/breaker has come out of the black plastic.

These are right behind my battery box on the frame. There is a cable(s) going between them and the TT and battery box.

I just need to know if the other black one is also a fuse/breaker like the shortstop. If so, why would they put two inline back to back? My TT is only 30A and the shortstop is a 50A, why would I need two 50A breakers back to back?

Thanks for any help!

jhardin80
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Don't have a Keystone...but will take a guess to maybe help.

Could it be the inline fuse for your electric tongue jack...(coming off the positive batt terminal)??

No, these were there before I put my electric jack on.

I know one of them is a shortstop 12v R41 50A but there is another one that was connected to this one, it looks exactly the same but the outer plastic piece is black instead of silver and there are no markings so i'm no sure if it is another shortstop or what it is.

From the positive on the battery it goes to these devices and then to the camper so they must be breakers. Well I know the one is anyway, just don't know about the other one. ๐Ÿ˜ž

If I can figure out the picture thing I will post some pics of it.

keymastr
Explorer
Explorer
You would get an answer if you would post a pic of the part you have. Most trailers are set up very similar regardless of brand so someone will know what you are looking at if you show them YOUR pic.

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Don't have a Keystone...but will take a guess to maybe help.

Could it be the inline fuse for your electric tongue jack...(coming off the positive batt terminal)??
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro