cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help w/ New Trailer Purchase

fatboy66
Explorer
Explorer
My wife and I are thinking about moving up to a larger trailer w/ some amenities we don't currently have. We recently saw a model by the KZ Company that we really liked...a new model Spree unit they just started to manufacture. We have a CrossRoads Reserve model now and have been very satisfied with the unit and how the company relates to the customer.

Any comments on KZ, their quality, customer satisfaction, service, etc. would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.
5 REPLIES 5

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
We have owned a KZ Spree Escape for three years (model e214s) and have put 4,000 miles on it. There have been a few issues (bathtub drain pipe broke, short in a running lights and disconnected speaker) which KZ fixed under warranty. We have been satisfied with the quality on what is a relative inexpensive, light weight TT. Based on what I've read the major manufactures all build quality units but all have had there issues. I think it is critical to do a thorough inspection, open every door, operate every switch, run every system prior to taking delivery.

Cotay
Explorer
Explorer
BZ MAN wrote:
We researched the Sprees about a year ago, but decided against them. Partly due to the low payload that the model we liked had. If I remember right it could only carry about 1100 lbs which could get eaten up fast with a full fresh water tank and all of your gear.

KZ has expanded it lineup from last year. The Spree Escapes last year had low payload capacities.

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would stay with a Crossroads product if I was satisfied with their build quality and customer service. Of the couple of RV shows we've attended this year, one thing we noticed is that many of the floorplans across the various brands were very similar or nearly identical, maybe Crossroads has something in their line-up that will fit your current needs. I'm certain KZ (and other major manufacturers) builds quality units, but every brand is guilty of producing a lemon from time to time. If your dealer gave you a good deal and was responsive to your needs before and after the sale, I would continue to give them my business, it's nearly as important as the brand of TT you choose. Have fun shopping!!!

BZ_MAN
Explorer
Explorer
We researched the Sprees about a year ago, but decided against them. Partly due to the low payload that the model we liked had. If I remember right it could only carry about 1100 lbs which could get eaten up fast with a full fresh water tank and all of your gear.
2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Crew Cab Vortec Max
2015 Keystone Passport 3320BH
2006 Rockwood Roo 23SS - Sold

stahrmcgee
Explorer
Explorer
How big do you wanna go and what type of amenities are you looking for. We just got our new rig and did exhaustive research.
2014 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8311SS *Diamond Package
Reese DC Hitch
2010 F150 Platinum(Max Tow, 3.73)
2010 Jayco 23B(gone, but not forgotten)
Me: Civil servant of our great nation
DW of 26 years: Teacher
DD1 15yo
DD2 10yo
DD3 5yo
Too many blessings to count