cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

HEY we need a sticky for our TT pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Viken
Explorer
Explorer
I was just looking at 5er's, toy haulers, and slide in, sites and they have a sticky for their rig pics. We don't. I just saw that. Is it just me or do we TT guys and gals need a sticky for our rigs. I say yes we do.
2021 Ram 3500. Torque t285 toy hauler
3,424 REPLIES 3,424

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Very nice rig, Lyndon. Only problem I have with it, it looks like it can sleep more than TWO! ๐Ÿ˜‰
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Nice spotless Zinger, and welcome to the forum. Lots of good info throughout the forum.

๐Ÿ™‚

Lyndonincanada
Explorer
Explorer
I only found this forum this evening and this is the first thread i have read. There are some fantastic rigs out there so i would like to add my own to the collection.

We bought her last Fall and camped in her every weekend until the temps dropped below minus 5 (celsius).

Livin' The Dream

Community Alumni
Not applicable
MI.-mansion wrote:
TURK, what park is that?

Fayette Historic State Park...., lot of Michigan UP history in the area, and the Townsite is fantastic.

Turk2500

MI_-mansion
Explorer
Explorer
TURK, what park is that?

Community Alumni
Not applicable

musicman54
Explorer
Explorer
theres nothing better for pulling then a diesel if you use gas your wasteing money

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
HeathJohnson wrote:
Thanks for the info. One thing that worries me with my wife's rig is that it has the air ride suspension. I think power should be fine it has the 6.0L engine in it.

Our friends pull theirs with an Escalade which is basically fancier version of my wife's Yukon Denali but they have a little 21'er.

I have an Equal-I-zer (I think that's how they spell it) hitch and my Excursion manhandles the camper w/o any problems at all as far as sway and stopping and whatnot. She's sure a thirsty truck though. That V10 drinks a lot of gas, especially when towing and hills just plain SUCK.

Amen about the V10 - that's what we have and we get 7 - 8 towing.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

HeathJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the info. One thing that worries me with my wife's rig is that it has the air ride suspension. I think power should be fine it has the 6.0L engine in it.

Our friends pull theirs with an Escalade which is basically fancier version of my wife's Yukon Denali but they have a little 21'er.

I have an Equal-I-zer (I think that's how they spell it) hitch and my Excursion manhandles the camper w/o any problems at all as far as sway and stopping and whatnot. She's sure a thirsty truck though. That V10 drinks a lot of gas, especially when towing and hills just plain SUCK.

theroys88
Explorer
Explorer
HeathJohnson,
It tows quite well. We have about 4700lb dry weight with that trailer. So, with everything loaded we are at about 6000lb with 6500lbs being our limit.
We take mountains slowly and really never push her too hard. Because the Tahoe has a wide base, it handles our trailer comfortably and I have little to no sway with our hitch setup.
We have taken this setup from our home in Virginia to as far north as Niagara Falls and as far south as Hatteras, NC. We go to Luray, VA each fall and we take our time through the mountains.
That being said, it is an older truck and we have upgraded the shocks and today we are having new tires put on. We want to get a couple more years out of her and then look for one slightly newer with higher tow ratings.

Happy Camping!
The Roys
Joseph, Dawn, Aaron & Andrew
Esther & Jackson the camping Shih Tzu's

HeathJohnson
Explorer
Explorer
How does your Tahoe do pulling that? We have a 26' springdale BH (no slides) and I wonder how my wires (new to us) 03 Yukon would do with it. I currently use my Excursion but it would be nice to be able to get better gas mileage. Especially when we're unhooked.

theroys88
Explorer
Explorer
270....we have the 2010 version of your camper but tow with a 1999 Chevy Tahoe. Can you say "Truck Envy"?? Sweet ride and of course, great trailer!:C
The Roys
Joseph, Dawn, Aaron & Andrew
Esther & Jackson the camping Shih Tzu's

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Nice pair, 270.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

sofive0
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats! Very nice truck!

270wsmhunter wrote:
Here's a pic of 2011 Jayco 26BH and our 2008 Sierra 1500 on our way to Yellowstone.

Recently traded in the Sierra 1500 for a 2011 Silverado 2500HD. Looking forward to hooking up and going places this summer.

2018 Ram 3500 Carolina Customs Flatbed w/gooseneck hitch, 6.7ltr Cummins Diesel Engine
2013 Heartland Sundance 3400QB
Eaz-Lift 15" Gooseneck Adapter

D-Low
Explorer
Explorer
The blind in the rear window is all the way up in the 2nd pic.