cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

hitch lock??

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody using a hitch lock? It's either in my driveway or in the campsite. Wife is afraid of someone stealing the camper while the dogs are in it. If we are out to diner or shopping. If you use one, which, & why?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
19 REPLIES 19

Edd505
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
My thought?

If you're camping in a place where you are worried about getting your trailer ripped off you're camping in the wrong campground.

2015 F350 FX4 SRW 6.7 Crew, longbed - 2017 Durango Gold 353RKT
2006 F350 SRW 6.0 crew longbed sold
2000 F250 SRW 7.3 extended longbed airbags sold
2001 Western Star 4900EX sold
Jayco Eagle 30.5BHLT sold, Layton 24.5LT sold

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
My thought?

If you're camping in a place where you are worried about getting your trailer ripped off you're camping in the wrong campground.
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln

LadyRVer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, I use a lock through the hitch latch down and usually a regular hitch lock. I don't know the name of it, but it is silver and slides over the hitch. Reading on FB sites, so many campers are being stolen... from owners yards and storage yards. Haven't heard of one from a campground yet, but I have to lock, so usually put it on.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just a hitch lock? I also padlock my safety chains toward the propane tanks, use a ball lock and run a cable through one set of tandem wheels. You can steal my TT but the neighborโ€™s TT is easier.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

RICK-ards_Red
Explorer
Explorer
I just use a standard padlock to lock the hitch latch down and I lock the WD bars to the trailer frame with the chains around the frame. The padlocks are all keyed the same.
2017 Coachman Catalina 25RKS
2015 GMC Sierra 1500 - Kodiak edition