cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hitch System Upgrade - Thoughts on Husky Centerline?

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Reese 1000lb Round Bar WDH system with friction sway control. It's about 8 years old. I've been interested in potentially upgrading and have been looking for something like the ProPride, Hensley Arrow and Husky Centerline. Based on price, it seems like the Centerline would be the best deal, but I know a lot of people on here recommend the Arrow and ProPride. Does anyone here have experience with the Centerline System? It seems based on a little research that they just upgraded to compression cylinders to help reduce sway compared to some other models they had. I saw the ProPride goes for like $2500 and the new Arrow system is about $1800 (at least on eBay). The Centerline seems to be anywhere from $400-$800 and similar technology.

I only get sway in high winds and occasionally with a high speed passing truck, but I'd prefer to never feel it (especially when my girlfriend is driving). Any thoughts would be appreciated. If you have suggestions for other similar set ups with a good price for a quality system, I'm open to suggestions.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'
25 REPLIES 25

texasAUtiger
Explorer
Explorer
I have the centerline and once I realized you need to be fairly straight to get the tension bars on and off, it is pretty easy. I do not get any motion at all on my 30 ft trailer even when a semi is passing and/or it's really windy.

If you arrive at a site where it's just not possible to keep the truck and trailer straight, just hop out and undo the tension bars before getting into your spot. It literally takes under 30 secs to do.
Dad, Mom, and two young kids
2015 Keystone Bullet 272BHS
2016 Ford F-250 Lariat SuperCrew, PSD 6.7
Husky Centerline TS hitch

RavensFan24
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the insight. I love the concept of the Arrow and ProPride in how they control sway. I do not love the price tag associated. I'll look into some of these other options you guys mentioned.
2010 Chevy Tahoe & 2015 Keystone Bullet Premier 30'

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
RavensFan24 wrote:
Snip... I saw the ProPride goes for like $2500 and the new Arrow system is about $1800 (at least on eBay). The Centerline seems to be anywhere from $400-$800 and similar technology.
Snip...

Not even close as far as technology is concerned. Two completely different approaches to sway control.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Dutchie1979
Explorer
Explorer
I recommend the Blue-Ox sway pro, by far the easiest set up and a great WDH. Have been running mine 2 years and it performs flawlessly.

kodiakcanuck
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the Centerline WDH since 2011 and love it. I experience ZERO sway with this system. Also most of the parts have a lifetime replacement warranty, but I haven't had to replace anything on it.

Yes the hitch is heavy, and yes you do have to be in a straight line to hook up and un-hook. Only once in the 4 years of camping did I have to unhook before I backed into a really tight spot. But given the length of your trailer, I doubt you get into small spots LOL.

Sure you can spend a lot more on a system that is maybe superior, but at the price range of the Centerline and the performance it's provided me, I wouldn't bother spending more money on another system..
2011 Kodiak 240KSSL
Husky Center Line WDH
2014 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Outdoorsman 3:92,8-speed,5.7L HEMI
2007 Kodiak 214 HTT (prior)
2010 Dodge RAM 1500 4x4, 3:55, 5.7L (prior)

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
dodge guy wrote:
The food chain goes like this, Hensley Arrow\ ProPride, Reese Dual Cam, then all the other hitches with integrated friction sway control, and finally an add-on friction sway bar.

If you have the money then go with either the HA or PP. I personally like the DC.

Another vote for the DC

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
The food chain goes like this, Hensley Arrow\ ProPride, Reese Dual Cam, then all the other hitches with integrated friction sway control, and finally an add-on friction sway bar.

If you have the money then go with either the HA or PP. I personally like the DC.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

APT
Explorer
Explorer
The Centerline WDH performs and costs about the same as Equal-i-zer 4pt, Reese Strait Line, and Blueox Swaypro. I recommend one of the other three over the Centerline due to the nearly straight when hooking up point. RVW Eq for about $450 for 1000 or 1200 pound systems.
A & A parents of DD 2005, DS1 2007, DS2 2009
2011 Suburban 2500 6.0L 3.73 pulling 2011 Heartland North Trail 28BRS
2017 Subaru Outback 3.6R
2x 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV (Gray and Black Twins)

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
jmtandem wrote:
I have heard nothing but good about the Husky Centerline. But, of course, it is not in the same hemisphere as the ProPride or Hensley. They are not friction based hitches and work far better.

Performance wise I didn't find anything but positive feedback about the CL, just the hitching and unhitching comments about being difficult if at an angle, and the hitch is HEAVY. BUT.... what hitch system doesn't have some weight to it??? Lol
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

jmtandem
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have heard nothing but good about the Husky Centerline. But, of course, it is not in the same hemisphere as the ProPride or Hensley. They are not friction based hitches and work far better.
'05 Dodge Cummins 4x4 dually 3500 white quadcab auto long bed.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
I considered the Husky Centerline for our new Jayco we are picking up this coming Thu. I didn't find a lot of recent post (within the last 6-12 months), but some older ones I found stated a downfall is you need to be almost straight to hook up and unhook. Not sure if this is still true.

As for the other 2, if you have the money you can't beat either hitch system. But as far as I know with those also it is easier to hook up and unhook when straight,

For our new tt I decided to go with the Reese DC system again.

Good luck deciding!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.