cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to disable reverse sensors on 2015 SuperDuty

Crumm
Explorer
Explorer
When you put truck in reverse with camper on the reverse buzzer goes nuts as it thinks you are going to back into the camper bumper that is 2' behind the sensors. Hit a couple buttons on the steering wheel and it can be disabled but resets to the on position every time the key is cycled. When a trailer is hooked up the system automatically turns off but not with the camper.

Did some research and one solution was a Tekonsha Emulator which is basicly a test light for the seven way plug which includes a trailer brake control tester. The emulator tricks the truck into thinking there is a trailer connected. I got one in the mail today and while it does the trick there seems to be some vent slots in the bottom of it which I assume is to dissipate the heat created by whatever kind of load cell it uses to simulate trailer brakes. Through these slots I can see multiple electronic components which are going to be exposed to the weather and road spray if the unit is left plugged into the seven way. I imagine it would short out before long.

Back to the drawing board. Any ideas?
2015 F350 SuperDuty, SC, LB Torklift hitch and tie-downs, LT285/75R18 Toyo AT II 4080@80psi
96' F350 PSD with smoke added, Airbags, Trailmaster SSV shocks, 315/75R16 Toyo M/T, Centering guides.
06' Adventurer 90FWS
19 REPLIES 19

Specularius
Explorer
Explorer
A cheaper alternative is to wire an electric brake magnet to a 7 blade plug and plug it into the bumper trailer plug and tie the magnet to the receiver hitch. Set the brake controller to the lowest setting. The truck then thinks there is a trailer and disables the reverse sensor and the magnet is weather resistant.
2015 F-350 DRW 6.7 Scorpion Diesel Reese Ford Hitch
2014 Grand Design Momentum 355TH

Crumm
Explorer
Explorer
Yup tried that but it doesn't work on newer trucks.
2015 F350 SuperDuty, SC, LB Torklift hitch and tie-downs, LT285/75R18 Toyo AT II 4080@80psi
96' F350 PSD with smoke added, Airbags, Trailmaster SSV shocks, 315/75R16 Toyo M/T, Centering guides.
06' Adventurer 90FWS

joeshmoe
Explorer
Explorer
Found This. Not sure if it's the same or similar procedure for 2015:

"You can download/print the 2011 F-250 Owner’s Guide found in the Glovebox section of Official Ford, Lincoln & Mercury Owner Site | Personalized Owner Information | FLMowner.com where this information can be found in the 3rd printing:

To permanently turn off the Rear Sensing System (RSS), first look to the “System check and vehicle feature customization” section starting on page 25:

Press the SETUP button repeatedly to cycle the message center through the following features:

Cycle through until you get to this option (found on page 28):

REAR PARK AID (if equipped)
-This feature sounds a warning tone to warn the driver of obstacles near the rear bumper, and functions only when R (Reverse) gear is selected.
-Press RESET to turn this feature on or off. You can also choose to turn this feature on/off when the vehicle is placed in reverse.

This will make it so you don’t have to keep turning the RSS off each time you go into reverse on your 2011 F-250.

One additional thing I found out is that you need to make sure you are using the admin key (MyKey) when you follow the procedure to keep it turned off."
2014 Northwood Wolf Creek 850
2005 Ford F350 SRW SuperCab/LongBed 6.0 Powerstroke
QuickTrick's Towing Tune
Torklift Tie Downs/Fastguns/Upper/Lower Stableloads
Rancho 9000's

Crumm
Explorer
Explorer
Read the manual cover to cover and researched online. There is no setting to permanently disable the sensors. There use to be a trick through a MyKey setting to keep it disabled but this doesn't work on the newer superdutys.
06' Adventurer 90FWS

Jaxom
Explorer
Explorer
RTFM, (Read The F...ine Manual) I'm sure it's in there somewhere.
On my RAM, there is a button on the side of the radio to disable the sensors. It is a little more trouble to disable the backup camera through menu searching on the display.
Jerry
2015 Jayco Seneca 36FK
2011 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 door
2011 R & R 20' Aluminum Enclosed Car Hauler
2007 Montrose 16' Aluminum Flatbed ATV Trailer