cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to make a stove work w/QD w/outside propane.

mgpassport
Explorer
Explorer
About ready to pull what hair I have left out.
Ok, My Trailer has the outside QD propane....I want to connect my camp stove to it, They say you can't double regulate, Ok, so I thought I would have a hose made to eliminate regulator on the stove, Then they said you cant do that because the pressure will be to low to operate stove....
So what in the blazes do you do to have a stove outside....?
5 REPLIES 5

gwh1bass
Explorer
Explorer
I just pop one of my dual tanks off for my outdoor kitchen area, with grill and stove.

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
it's pretty simple, the QD line is low pressure. so if you don't want to do a lot of modification, it's easier to buy a low pressure stove, like the Camp Chef line.

but many want to use their high pressure stoves with the QD line. this takes some mods and work to be able to get them to work on a low pressure line.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

poppin_fresh
Explorer
Explorer
My trailer has the quick connect for an outside stove which I have and use from time to time. Stoves are ok, for some usage, but I wanted a grill to compliment it. That lead me to buy a grill at the local "warehouse club store".

I was actually able to easily remove its regulator and adapt it to plug into the(already regulated) port on my trailer.

In the end it was pretty easy, but did take about 30 minutes at the hardware store in the gas fittings section to get all the parts and adaptors to get it all to connect properly. Total cost was probably about $10.
2016 Bullet 274BHS
2015 Silverado 1500 Double Cab
Andersen WDH

evanrem
Explorer II
Explorer II
That's what I did. I bought the three burner stove with the two burner grill that you take on and off. Works good, over the years I got a cast iron grate and a cover for it all.

mgpassport
Explorer
Explorer
Found the answer, Go to campchef.com and buy their stove and hose....