cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to Set Up a WDH

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Hi, I got a wdh hitch from a friend it is a 14,000 lb max system. I am trying to figure out how to set it up, I am assuming the hex spacer with numbers is the angle of the hitch head? Does anyone have some suggestions. I was going to set the hitch height 2" above the top of the trailer hitch and measure the front and back fenders to see how much they rise and fall. The front should not change once the bars are hooked up. The bars are also supposed to be parallel with the trailer arms right? I guess i don't completely understand where the head angle comes in? Does it take weight off of the tounge?

Thanks
Bill
18 REPLIES 18

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
It is reese, i will check their website.

Thanks
Bill

Marsland
Explorer
Explorer
Bill,

Find out the manufacturer of your hitch and go to their website. Usually install instructions are there for the taking. They will give you the straight answer.

Richard
1 (Re)tired DH
1 Terrific DW
2012 Keystone Bullet 284RLS
2012 Ford F150 S/Crew ECOBoost
ScanGaugeII

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
You are on the right track, but try 1" above for the ball. Normal drop is 1-1/2" so you may be a little high on the front of the TT if you go 2".

The head angle is what gives you more weight transfer. It will make the ends of the spring bars tilt closer to the ground with the more tilt you put in the Wd head.

What brand hitch is it?

the_happiestcam
Explorer
Explorer
Go to the towing forum Clicky and look at the sticky topics at the top. All your answers are there.
Me ('62), DW ('61), DS ('97), DS ('99), DD ('03)
2003 Yukon XL 2500 8.1L 4.10 axle
2010 Dutchmen 28G-GS

CG's we've been to