cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Quickie Flush on Jayco 19H

Larry2c2000
Explorer
Explorer
After using a DIY "magic wand" to flush the black tank on our trailer I finally decided to buy the Camco Quickie Flush so I wouldn't have to drag a dripping hose & wand through the trailer. I get ready to install it today and I quickly realized I wouldn't be able to install it in the back of the tank point right at the fluid level sensors like I'd hoped to do. The back of the tank isn't quite as tall or flat as the flange on the Quickie Flush plus the angle rail that holds the tank in place would be in the way.

I figure I can mount the flusher on the side of the tank but now I need to decide if one side would be better than the other and should it be in the middle of the tank (fore to aft) or would being off to onside be OK (easier to mount because I can reach through the opening in the trailer frame - otherwise I would likely have to drop the tank down to do the installation.

Has anyone installed the Quickie Flush on their 19H and if so, where did you install it?

Thanks!
4 REPLIES 4

Larry2c2000
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at the spray pattern and where I can mount it I think I'm going to install it on the side opposite of the dump valves. That puts it a bit closer to the sensors and hopefully it will help flush them off as well as cleaning the tank.

Thanks all

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
I used a Flush King or Hydro Flush with separate snap on valve when I had our hybrid. Worked great for years. Uses a lot of water to fill, drain, fill, drain until all gunk is out but kept tank clean.
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a tornado flush in our ROO and I did it on the end opposite of the drain valves, or the rear of the tank. I'm not sure what the difference is , if any, between the two.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
I suggest hooking the nozzle up to your garden hose and seeing how the spray pattern is shaped, then make the decision based on the results.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_