cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my truck big enough?

maxattack
Explorer
Explorer
I currently have a 2012 ford f150 supercrew with a v8 5.0 axel ratio 3.55. According to the owners manual max trailer weight is 7700 with max GCWR 13500.

We are new to rving and looking at getting a zinger by crossroads. Model 328SB

dry weight 7734
GVWR 9740
lenght 36'6"

Looking for some seasoned RV'er out there to give me some good advice. I just want our truck-trailer combination to be safe.

thank you for your advice.
33 REPLIES 33

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I don't care what other people say about being OK. you are already over weight and potentially a danger on the hwy. get a real truck that can tow your RV safely. I've had 1/2 tons before and in my opinion the towing capabilities are so low. I think a half ton is lucky it can pull into a drive way. I'll get flax on that one, but after I got my 3/4 ton it was like night and day difference

crazyro
Explorer
Explorer
While your truck could tow it, braking will be an issue.

according to your post, the truck has -"According to the owners manual max trailer weight is 7700"

AND according to your post, the trailer has a DRY ( EMPTY ) weight of -"dry weight 7734"

that puts you OVER your trucks capacity by 34# BEFORE you put a single paper plate in it..
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thats an awful long trailer to be dragging behind you. Can you tow it? Probably. Will you be a happy camper towing it? Not likely. Weight is sure not going to be your issue. Length and that light sure will be.