cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is the friction sway unit supposed to "wiggle"?

grovegang52
Explorer
Explorer
After the friction sway is locked onto the balls is the whole unit supposed to be really loose? It seems that there is an awful amount of movement when I grab it and shake it. Thanks for any advice!
2005 Yukon XL SLT 4x4 5.3L with 3.73
WDH
1983 Skyline Weekender
6 REPLIES 6

jerem0621
Explorer II
Explorer II
sounds perfectly normal to me.
TV-2022 Silverado 2WD
TT - Zinger 270BH
WD Hitch- HaulMaster 1,000 lb Round Bar
Dual Friction bar sway control

Itโ€™s Kind of Fun to do the Impossible
~Walt Disney~

grovegang52
Explorer
Explorer
Bull Rider wrote:
Just to check your procedure, you're attaching the sway device at both ends, and then tightening the hand crank fairly tight? There will be a little wiggle until you compress or tension the device. It should then be fairly snug. If it's not under compression or tension is will feel a little loose.

Yes, that is correct. I guess I just figured it would not move at all, with the exception of sliding in and out. Thanks for the advice.
2005 Yukon XL SLT 4x4 5.3L with 3.73
WDH
1983 Skyline Weekender

usmc616
Explorer
Explorer
When we used a friction sway control device it always had some movement when hooked up properly.
SEMPER FI
Joe,Joyce 4 kids & 5 dogs
2017 Chevy Silverado, 4x4, 3500HD, LT, Long Bed, Dually, Duramax Diesel, Allison Transmission, Reese Dual Cam & Prodigy Brake Controller
2010 Jayco G2 32BHDS.:B

Bull_Rider
Explorer
Explorer
Just to check your procedure, you're attaching the sway device at both ends, and then tightening the hand crank fairly tight? There will be a little wiggle until you compress or tension the device. It should then be fairly snug. If it's not under compression or tension is will feel a little loose.
If you receive help from other members, don't forget to update your topic with the results.

JJBIRISH
Explorer
Explorer
Normalโ€ฆ it has no fore or aft pressure on it just sitting thereโ€ฆ
Love my mass produced, entry level, built by Lazy American Workers, Hornet

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Yes there is some wiggle on the two balls.