cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jayco 20 MRB

Bzeitham
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a smaller travel trailer and are interested in the Jayco 20 MRB. There are none in the immediate area to look at. The biggest question we have is how comfortable is the murphy bed? That issue is criticale and if it is comfortable we will probably travel to see one.

Thanks in advance....
2 REPLIES 2

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
We looked at a Jayco Murphy bed model last summer and the biggest shortcoming was storage space. The bed structure prevented having a pass through storage area at the front of the trailer. The mattress appeared to be typical which means you may want to replace it. You would want to know the maximum thickness of a mattress that could be used in the Murphy bed. We just weren't impressed with the trailer, especially for any trips that would be longer than 3 or 4 days.

For storage space and outside kitchen, the Winnebago 2201DS was the best unit we could find. If you haven't looked at the Winnebago Winnie line, I suggest you do. When we were shopping, we were hoping to find a Jayco unit because of their 2 year warranty and nearby dealer, but the features/advantages of the Winnebago couldn't be matched by any of the Jayco models.

IMHO, if you want a good mattress, you will end up replacing any mattress that comes with an RV....but we are older and can't handle beds that would have been fine when we were in our twenties!
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
IMHO that is not what I would consider to be a Murphy bed. My Dr. uses them for sleep studies and they are basically a standard mattress stood on end. The one in the RV appears to be a make shift attempt at making a hideabed out of the sofa, etc. I certainly would try one before buying one to see if it avoids the jack knife sofa problems.
bumpy