cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded after only a year .... Now, the wait.

ottor
Explorer
Explorer
Just signed the papers on a 2015 Jay Flight 19RD and will be waiting 4-6 weeks for the build. Upgraded from a 2013 185RB that was OK for my photography jaunts, but I got tired of putting up the bed and breaking down the dinette all the time... the 19RD (Which is the 2015 version of the 2014 198RD) has a queen bed as well as a dinette and leather sofa. Got the Elite package so will have some stuff that the old one didn't - Black water flush adaptor, power awning with LED light strip, power hitch jack, dual wheels, 90 Gal fresh water tank (Nice to have, but I'll probably never fill it), Roof mounted Air with ducting into the bed area and bathroom.., and a large fridge/freezer and 3 VERY LARGE windows surrounding the rear dining/sitting area - It's going to be a LONG 4-6 weeks, but hopefully it'll be closer to 4 if we're lucky. It comes with LED lighting, and I'll have the dealership transfer over my two new 6V batteries and cases. Just received my 160 WT portable solar panels, and with the pending 2K generator we'll be getting, we should be enjoying more dry camping in this one also... Can't wait! Anyone have either the newer 19RD or the <2014 198RD they'd care to comment on ???
There's NOTHING more exciting than to be shot at ..... and missed.
4 REPLIES 4

gdreese
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2012 model, very happy with it. It is a little tongue heavy so try to load the heavy stuff in the rear. Cant think of anything we have had problems with. Check all screws and bolts for tightness, dont forget to check A/C bolts that hold it to roof, and put valves on fresh water overflows. We had trouble getting heat to bed area, put an adjustable register at other end in front of sofa and that seemed to help.

dadmomh
Explorer
Explorer
Nice floorplan. Agree that you'll be a LOT happier not having to set up and tear down all the time. Congrats.
Trailerless but still have the spirit

2013 Rockwood Ultra Lite 2604 - new family
2007 Rockwood ROO HTT - new family
2003 Ford F-150
4 doggies - We support Adopt/Rescue.
Sam, you were the best!
Cubbie, Foxy, Biscuit and Lily - all rescues!

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 19RD....congratulations!

My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

Mvander
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a great floor plan for the size. Nice cargo capacity too. Enjoy!!!
55 FEET OF FAMILY FUN!
2014 F150 HD
2015 Grey Wolf 29DSFB