cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Keystone

2Ambros
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody have any experience with the Keystone Bullet ? Considering purchasing one and would like to hear what y'all think. What do you love? Any haters ? Just trying to get as much info as possible before we make a decision .
Just us & Molly the wonder-lab !
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift
2006 Ford F150 4x4
1988 Sierra Cobra, 'Griswald'

We are way too adventurous to be ordinary!
11 REPLIES 11

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
LOL, I'd be upset too if there was water leaking when it wasn't raining.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ
2011 Ram 2500 CC LB CTD G56 3.42 Mineral Gray

SGardiner
Explorer
Explorer
We like our Bullet 281 BHS. However, on our last trip ( the second for the TT) there was water leaking in from the slide when open and some water came in when it is closed and travelling. The good new is it only happens when its raining.

Dropped off at the dealer tonight. I guess we get to test drive the Keystone warranty process and our dealers after sales service.

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
Funny you should bring that up. Our site right now @ West Yellowstone backs up to a mountain view so we've had the 2nd door open quite a bit the last few days. Great view from the throne!
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
Andy F wrote:
our floor plan with the 2nd door out the bedroom

I thought we'd use the second door from the bathroom a lot, but have not so far. How about you?
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
We've had ours since early last year and we love it. We are on a 16 day trip right now out to Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons and the Bullet has towed beautifully with our upgraded hitch. We like the huge pass thru storage, our floor plan with the 2nd door out the bedroom, and the large curb side dinette. We've got more storage than we could ever hope for or use. Ours came with extras including the black tank flush, a porcelain toilet, an exterior table, and a few others. Ask for them from the dealer. We also got a Fantastic Fan which I'd highly recommend. It will help with airflow in the bunks. I also added a ceiling AC vent by the bunks to direct air there. Keystone quality seems good but they cut a few corners like no stove hood exterior venting and the cheap bathroom vent fan. You'll like the Bullet.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
Keystone RV Forum
This should be of help.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Doug33
Explorer
Explorer
We just got back from our second trip in the Bullet - we've spent 5 nights in it so far and haven't even had it for 2 weeks yet. We've had a combination of 2, 3 and 4 people in it over the 5 nights. The Bullet is so much superior to the KZ Jag 24' we traded in. The floorplan with the slide is so much more accommodating when you have 4 people in there. There are so many positive features in my Bullet, I'd be best to list the few negatives:

It's hard to keep the water in the shower - it runs along the edges and then on to the floor when you are showering. We just place an extra towel around the edges so it doesn't drip in the floor.

The stabilizers are a little flimsy and the screw rods are slightly bent. Nonetheless they work well with a power drill to extend and retract.

The sloped front end makes the storage cabinets above the master bed an easy target to hit your head on. So far, I've avoided that pain.

The sink in the bathroom is a little small for doing any real washing up and the medicine cabinet does not hold a lot of stuff.

While the two double-bed size bunks are great for adults, there is no heating or cooling there, so it relies on the main vents. If you close the curtains for privacy, then little cool air gets in the bunk area.

Overall these are very small negatives among a giant list of positives. So far I am downright giddy with my decision to buy the Bullet. Only time will tell how it will hold up with reliability, but I don't see any quality issues yet.

I'm really enjoying this TT and want to get out as many times as possible. Typically we wouldn't want to camp in the middle of the summer due to the heat and the crowds. But with this TT, we even camped over the July 4th holiday for the first time I can rememeber. Had a really good time!
2014 Keystone Bullet 281BHS
2002 Chevy Avalanche 5.3L 4x4
Equalizer hitch
Nights spent camping in 2015: 25
Next trip: mid-April 2016?

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23729010.cfm

It was for the Bullet Premier.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ

_40Fan
Explorer
Explorer
There is quite a long thread on the Bullets. Quick search should find it.
2013 Arctic Fox 22GQ

2Ambros
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for your input. We are looking at a 2014 model #246RBS.
Just us & Molly the wonder-lab !
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift
2006 Ford F150 4x4
1988 Sierra Cobra, 'Griswald'

We are way too adventurous to be ordinary!

Marsland
Explorer
Explorer
We purchased a 2012 Bullet 284RLS this spring (used). Only had it out once. The features we like are the layout, the big windows, 1/2 ton tow-able, laundry and garbage chutes are a nice touch, looks, big bathroom, a big improvement over the previous R-Vision Trail Lite unit we had.

Downsides; no black water tank flush (not a big deal but would be nice if there was one). The 'Polar Package' is not what we were hoping for, no extra insulation and no electric tank heaters. The package consists of a larger BTU furnace, enclosed underbelly, and heated tanks using the furnace. Haven't had it long enough for a serious evaluation but like it so far.

What model are you considering?
1 (Re)tired DH
1 Terrific DW
2012 Keystone Bullet 284RLS
2012 Ford F150 S/Crew ECOBoost
ScanGaugeII