cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lance 1121 Dinette Slideout INOP

rodeofamily
Explorer
Explorer
We need some help or suggestions about how to go about diagnosing and or fixing our slide out. We have a 01 1121 with a dinette slide and we cannot seem to get it to extend all the way out. Motor seems to be working fine, no unusual noises, extends out and retracts but only to the pint where it stops short, Motor engages and disengages manually and will slide manually but only to that point, but still cannot be pushed all the way out. The slide stops short of the access port beneath the cubby so I cannot even access or see the motor at all without taking a saw and cutting the access hole bigger. I am to the point where I may have to do that or attempt to remove the slide completely but not even sure how to go about that when I can only get it to slide out about 8 to 10 inches. We never had any problems with it before so this is a real bummer. One other thing, looking at it from the outside it looks like the slide may be cocked to one side since it looks like it's not getting a good seal when closed. I have looked and several videos and some are showing the support frame on the slide either broken or cracked but not sure this is the problem either. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
4 REPLIES 4

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
didnt the 1121 models have slide sagging issues ?
If so, could that have something to do with this problem ?

scroll down to Beddows post
http://forums.woodalls.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/20656647/print/true.cfm
Here are some pics, maybe seeing something here will help.
http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/23684715.cfm

A phone call to Lance will probably help.

rodeofamily
Explorer
Explorer
I checked to see if there was something blocking it and it does not appear to be anything I can see although it does hit a stop of some king both manually and with the electric motor. I don't think it is a lubrication problem because it happened suddenly. Unfortunately like I said access to see or even access the motor is almost non existent. Any more Ideas?

Butch50
Explorer
Explorer
I know it sounds stupid but is there anyway something got under the slide and is getting jammed in it when you are trying to extend it?
Butch

I try to always leave doubt to my ignorance rather than prove it

2021 Winnebago View

skipbee
Explorer
Explorer
We had a similar problem on our first 1121. I sprayed some chain lube on the tracks and, if I remember correctly, after a couple of tries the slideout fully deployed. I now regularly lube the slideout, on our newer 1121.
skipbee
2004 F350 Diesel CC SRW 19.5" Rickson W/T 4WD
2005 Lance 1121 well found.
See us on YouTube" Living the Lance Life" 3 of 4. Google skip bosley for TR's: Alaska, Assateague Island, Disney World & Fla Keys and a California Coastal jaunt.