cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lance 1172 on a 2015 silverado 3500 hd dually

timdan94
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a lance 1172 on a 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 hd dually? If so how does it handle it? What suspension modifications have you done?

Thanks,
Dan
2 REPLIES 2

Bigfootchevy
Explorer
Explorer
I looked into buying the same combination as you are asking questions about late last year and I never thought I would have to add any suspension modifications to carry that camper safely.

I do believe that all trucks carrying truck campers will ride better with Torklift Stable Loads and have them to my 2015.

Paul

wintersun
Explorer
Explorer
http://lanceowners.hoop.la/forums

Ask on this site and you will get a lot more information from current owners. This is a very heavy camper but the GM 2015 is one of the better trucks in terms of having a very stiff frame to minimize flexing. Often there is more than 50% of the weight of the camper pushing down on one side of the truck and the outer rear wheel is carrying 100% of the added load.

First mount the camper on the truck. Then if the truck sags in the rear phone the people at Supersprings and follow their advice. Super shocks are worthless if the springs do not adequately support the load on each side of the truck, both when level and when the truck is in a turn.

Adding an anti-sway bar helped with my truck's handling with the camper off the truck but made no difference with the camper in the bed. Other trucks with less rigid frames benefit more from the adding of the rear bar.

If you plan to tow a heavy trailer the weight of this camper will decrease the available tongue weight and limit the weight you can tow should you choose to do so in the future. One advantage though of this model camper is that you get a side entry door so a trailer tongue is not in the way as you enter or exit the camper.

For my part I would sooner buy a class C motorhome than a DRW truck to haul a 5,000 lb. camper around.