cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lance 992 owners

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
i am in the market for another lance camper and looked today at a 2008 992.the floor above the pull out drawer felt like it would fall thru and the whole floor was full of soft spots. i just sold a 1055 with this same drawer and not even a hint of a soft spot .do any of you who own a 992 have this problem or is this unique to this camper.also any ideas what may have caused this problem.i could see no signs of water intrusion.
7 REPLIES 7

Admin
closed

Admin
RV.net
Admin
RV.net

AISURFFISH
Explorer
Explorer
My 881 was flexing a little over the drawer.. I used 3/4 plywood cut perfectly to fit the area then use vinyl tiles to cover the area..much stronger and looks so much better...the flex came from normal use..as per Lance.. lol..its all good though.. I fix't er.!
2017 F350 6.2L Crew Cab

Arctic Fox 990 2021 TORK-LIFT FAST GUNS AND SUPER HITCH
COOLER RACK OFF THE FRONT ALWAYS FULL OF FISHING RODS TICA TO BE EXACT

RZAR66
Explorer
Explorer
The title of this thread is "Lance 992 owners" but anyway, soft spots in the floor of any camper should be taken as a warning to some serious problems. Probably should stay away.
2018 Ford F-350 DRW
2024 Northern Lite 10-2

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
gsutton wrote:
did'nt say i was still considering it.asked a question of other 992 owners not your advice.

I guess "i am in the market for another lance camper and looked today at a 2008 992." means something different in georgia?
bumpy

gsutton
Explorer
Explorer
did'nt say i was still considering it.asked a question of other 992 owners not your advice.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
soft spots in floor. why are you still considering this one?
bumpy

av8rds
Explorer
Explorer
I am assuming you mean the pull out in the dinette?

I don't have any problems like you mention and mine is also a '08.
'06 X-cab Powerstroke Dually 4x4
'75 Ford Bronco Rockcrawler
'08 Land Cruiser Buggy