cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My driver seat has had it. Replacements?

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
Since my wife and I live out of our TC for 2.5 months each summer, we spend a considerable amount of time in the cab of our truck.

My truck is a 2000 F350 with the XLT (not Lariat) trim package. We've got 210k miles on it. We have bucket seats or captain's chairs up front; not sure of the distinction but it's not a bench and we have arm rests to the inside, not on the outside.

My driver's seat, particularly, has become unsupportive on one side and this has been causing me great problems with my back. I've tried some cushioning and it helps but, ultimately, the uneven spring support is difficult to rectify, evenly, with cushions or gels.

What are my options for possibly replacing my seat? Or can seats be resprung? Dont really want to consider a junkyard for a 14 year old seat. I'd like something that can bolt right in with few alterations. Are there aftermarket sources?

Thank you in advance for any tips.
18 REPLIES 18

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Thanks 🙂

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
On the leather seats I use Amoral at least 1x/yr. The seats do still have support, but I am not a large person. 155lbs.

Try once a month or more. I use Mothers Leather Care, don't much care for anything Amoral getting near anything on my truck.

The more sun your truck/interior gets and let's face it NC get a whole lot more than I do here in Southern Ontario, the more it needs a moisturizer. Most are lanolin based. The leather in the Lariat should last an easy 15 years if taken care of.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
On the leather seats I use Amoral at least 1x/yr. The seats do still have support, but I am not a large person. 155lbs.

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
805gregg wrote:
Do you sit on a large wallet, that will wear your seat and hurt your back

No, I dont. I learned about that the hard way with an import truck I owned many years before.

805gregg
Explorer
Explorer
Do you sit on a large wallet, that will wear your seat and hurt your back
2003 Dodge Quad Cab 3500 SRW LB Cummins diesel, Banks Six Gun, Banks exhaust, Mag hytec deep trans pan, and Diff cover. Buckstop bumper, Aerotanks 55gal tank, airbags, stableloads Bigwig stabilizer, 2003 Lance 1071 camper, solar and generator

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
pezvela wrote:
mustangglp, I keep getting a blank page even using two different browsers. I put in "seat" and I am returned 59 pages to sort through. Search not finding bottom cover or seat pad.

You should be able to type in your vin# and narrow down the result's. I have what's called a 60/20/60 it ha the fold down center council
I did see the captain chair's listed.
Gary

Sparky87k5
Explorer
Explorer
I installed Flexsteel heated bucket seats in my 04 F250 Superduty and loved them. Much better seats then Ford OEM's. I also installed 07 heated Ford Lariat captian's chairs in my 2000 F350. They were a bolt in. Bought them off eBay.
2000 F350 Lariat LE V10 CC LB 4WD DRW
2005 Eagle Cap 850 Camper
1993 Robalo 2440 twin '07 Merc Optimax 150's
1978 Glasply 28' with twin 310hp V8's

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
mustangglp, I keep getting a blank page even using two different browsers. I put in "seat" and I am returned 59 pages to sort through. Search not finding bottom cover or seat pad.

mustangglp
Explorer
Explorer
176.00 for the bottom cover and 131.05 for the pad from ford for my truck 2001 XLT
http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/RenderIllustration.ashx?id=265760026&f=3&n=1C3Z2562900JAA
some are less and some are more I like the OEM Quality but seams a little pricey
Gary

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
bedrocker wrote:
http://www.theseatshop.com/

A friend used them to redo his Excursion. Its a great product but a work out to do it yourself.
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

bedrocker
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.theseatshop.com/

pezvela
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Just because you don't have a Lariat does not mean Ford was short on your seats. I have a 2006 Lariat with 56K on it and the front drivers seat is starting to crack.

Yeah, probably not. But I think all the Lariat models were electric seats and mine is not......which I'm fine with.

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:
Seems a decent auto upholstery shop should be able to rebuild your seat to your specs, weight etc. JMHO

X2. They can put in new foam and recover your existing seat. I had mine done on my 2000 F250. That being said, there are many after market seats that provide more comfort. A contoured seat like a Recaro has multiple adjusting points throughout the seat to "dial in" the comfort. You might also want to check out summitracing.com and see what they might offer in after market seats.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800

shum02
Explorer
Explorer
joelc wrote:
Just because you don't have a Lariat does not mean Ford was short on your seats. I have a 2006 Lariat with 56K on it and the front drivers seat is starting to crack.

Do you do anything to help keep the leather moist?? Have almost 150K miles on mine and except for a burn in the seat from previous owner they feel and look brand new. Keeping them clean and using a moisturizer on them will keep them in tip top shape - way better leather than my '98 F150 Lariat.

There are lots of aftermarket seats available for Ford Superduty's. Just google it. Air ride options as well.
2006 F350 Lariat FX4 CC 4x4 PSD
2007 KZ2505QSS-F Outdoorsman