cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaking bath room sink

Old_Uncle_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Something dropped from the medicine cabinet and put a spider crack in my plastic sink. Anyone know of a patch method. No duct tape please.
Thanks,
Old Uncle Dave
13 REPLIES 13

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Just get a 2 part epoxy and use it as a permanent fix. Pump the epoxy into the crack and clean away any excess. It bonds to pretty much anything, it's waterproof, and stands up to hot water very well. You can find it at any home improvement center or Walmart. The longer the cure time the stronger the bond. So a 30 minute epoxy will far stronger than a 5 minute one.

parcany
Explorer
Explorer
Flexseal

DavidP
Explorer
Explorer
IT_Burnout wrote:
One other thing you could try is JB Weld. My son cracked a plastic gas tank on a lawn mower mowing under our travel trailer at the time. He hit the under side of the trailer with the mower and put a good 1.5 inch crack in the tank. Before taking it all apart and replacing the tank. I dried it out good and put JB weld on it. It sealed it up and I used it that way for another 15 years. When I sold the mower at a garage sale it was still running great and the tank didnโ€™t leak a drop. Most hardware stores carry it.

X2 Drill both ends of crack, JB weld and then color matched epoxy paint.

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Plasti-mend

Or order a new sink online from tweety's, makariosRV, dyersonline or one of the other online RV parts vendors.

Or google "RV bathroom sink" to see what's available. Maybe even find a stainless steel sink that will work. A stainless steel bar sink might be an option depending on what size opening you have now, or enlarge the opening slightly if needed to make it fit.

IT_Burnout
Explorer
Explorer
One other thing you could try is JB Weld. My son cracked a plastic gas tank on a lawn mower mowing under our travel trailer at the time. He hit the under side of the trailer with the mower and put a good 1.5 inch crack in the tank. Before taking it all apart and replacing the tank. I dried it out good and put JB weld on it. It sealed it up and I used it that way for another 15 years. When I sold the mower at a garage sale it was still running great and the tank didnโ€™t leak a drop. Most hardware stores carry it.
2017 Chevy Duramax LTZ with Z71
2018 Cedar Creek 34RL2 Hathaway Edition

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
G-flex two part epoxy made by West Systems Epoxy.
Follow the directions.
It will adhere to anything you have and is completely water proof

jack L
Jack & Nanci

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Old Uncle Dave wrote:
I think it is plastic. I have to travel 75 miles to a rv supply and will eventualy replace the sinnk. Just needing a quick fix for now . thanks

Go online and order one delivered to your home. Amazon carries almost everything RV related.

But that hot glue gun idea as a temp fix is a good one.

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Eternabond on underside until you can get a replacement?

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
When our TT was new, I replaced the plastic sink with a nice china one form Home Depot that was on clearance for $23. It looks better than the Kohler's I put in my house.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Try hot glue, it works pretty good for patching PVC and other plastics including holding tanks..
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps "miracle glue gel" will take care of it until you replace it..Good Luck
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab

Old_Uncle_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
I think it is plastic. I have to travel 75 miles to a rv supply and will eventualy replace the sinnk. Just needing a quick fix for now . thanks

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
Old Uncle Dave wrote:
Something dropped from the medicine cabinet and put a spider crack in my plastic sink. Anyone know of a patch method. No duct tape please.
Thanks,
Old Uncle Dave

Pretty standard sinks in RVs....have you priced out a new one?

Is it plastic or fiberglass?