Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leaving the camper unit at a campground

EdCarolOC
Explorer
Explorer
New to camping with a truck camper.
Is it safe to leave the truck camper (standalone) at state, national or commercial campgrounds.
21 REPLIES 21

KD4UPL
Explorer
Explorer
What do you mean safe? It's no more dangerous then leaving it at your house in the driveway while you're at work. It's just a camper sitting there unattended on the jacks.
We leave ours behind at campgrounds to drive the truck around for various reasons. Never had any problems. Never really thought of any problems other than vandalism or theft which aren't unique to truck campers.

Hondavalk
Explorer
Explorer
It is normally the local fire marshal that makes that call. Some districts require TTs and motor homes to be facing forward and TCs to be loaded so they can be quickly pull out in the case of a fire.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I thought some parks did not allow offloading a TC
bumpy

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
You did not specify what you mean by "safe ".......?????:h

I'm going to approach this from another angle ----make sure you lower it close to the ground as you can ----and maybe put something underneath it to stabilize it so it doesn't blow over -------then it's safe.
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

Oasisbob
Explorer
Explorer
I have never had concern about leaving our HTT for a few days while backpacking. I do tell the camp host. This is why we have insurance though I am sure low blue book is an insult. LOL
Oasis Bob
Wonderful wife 3 of 4 kids at home. 1 proudly serving in USAF
2018 Ford Explorer
2001 Bantam Trail Lite B-19

HAPPY TRAILS:)

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
An acceptable risk IMO just as I leave my TT. It would be a prepared thief to swipe a camper.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
People do it all the time
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks