cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving the TC world for a trailer

Reelescape1
Explorer
Explorer
Am I CRAZY?? DW and I have decided to part with our 2011 Lance 855 in favor of a 23' Airstream. It's a little older at 2008 but I have known the owner 20+ years. I won't be able to tow the boat in one shot unless we take two vehicles, but we will be upgrading to a dry shower and a good bit more room. We will see....I might be back one day!
17 REPLIES 17

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too bad you can't have both worlds...

I've been wanting a truck camper for many years but have never figured out how to handle to losing my truck bed and front deck of my POPUP trailer for supplies/things we always have with us when camping off the grid...

We still even go tent camping sometimes as well haha... That really fills up the truck bed with things...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Truck camper to travel trailer back to truck camper. That has been our journey so far.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Not to encourage or discourage.

We did the TC to travel trailer 10+ years ago when our 2 kids were growing fast. Great to have much more room, especially more seating options and not just the dinette.

But we never tend to be in one place more than one or two nights. The downside to a truck/TT combo is finding a place to park when we are on the road.

But that is our lifestyle, most others tend to stay put for longer periods. So we have had TCs after the TT.

Best of luck with the Airstream!

Post some pictures here so us TC owners can see what luxuries we are missing. 🙂
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT