Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Leveling Questions

splashback
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
I just purchased a new 29' Keystone Cherokee. The dealer I purchased from is going to be delivering to my permanent spot. They will back it up to my site but will not do any of the leveling. Is there any way to level a trailer without moving it? I do not have a vehicle capable of moving it at all.
Thanks in advance.
10 REPLIES 10

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Our's sits on a seasonal site most of the summer. I've found that even if I level it 'perfectly' when we arrive, it will settle one way or another after a couple months because of heavy rains, runoff etc... The easiest way to relevel it has always been using my floor jack with a block of wood under the spring hangars and raising it to slip a board or piece of plywood under the wheels. I do one wheel at a time.

GrandpaKip
Explorer II
Explorer II
Hondavalk wrote:
Go to your site and determine were the TT wheels will sit. Use wood, plastic, or whatever you prefer to make it level from side to side and leave it in place for them to back onto.

Do this.
Kip
2015 Skyline Dart 214RB
2018 Silverado Double Cab 4x4
Andersen Hitch

Hondavalk
Explorer II
Explorer II
Go to your site and determine were the TT wheels will sit. Use wood, plastic, or whatever you prefer to make it level from side to side and leave it in place for them to back onto.

wrvond
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, using hydraulic jacks.
Alternatively, you could have a friend with a truck or SUV connect up and move it the small amount necessary. Quite frankly, for what you need a Ford Ranger with a 2 inch ball will work.
2022 Keystone Cougar 24RDS
2023 Ram 6.7L Laramie Mega Cab

TucsonJim
Explorer
Explorer
There are different solutions based on when and where it will be parked. Is the surface soil, gravel, asphalt, concrete, etc? Will it be permanently parked in this location? Will the owner of the property require that the wheels and tires be left on it?

Give me just a little more information about your plans and location and I can come up with a solution that best fits your needs.

Jim
2016 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4
2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
2013 Ford F350 Turbo Diesel SRW 4x4 (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)
2014 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS (Destroyed by fire - 8/29/16)

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
have blocks available and make the dealer level it when he delivers it. Let them teach you how to correctly level.

The OP has already said that the dealer won't level it.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
wannavolunteerFT wrote:
have blocks available and make the dealer level it when he delivers it. Let them teach you how to correctly level.

The OP has already said that the dealer won't level it.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'll be interested to see the replies you get, since I will be having a 36 footer delivered to our permanent site next October.

I am not sure how you will level it from side to side, with out a tow vehicle, but in my case I can move it onto boards or lynx levelers with my tow vehicle.
Then I will level it from front to back using the tongue jack.
Once it is all level, I'll use concrete blocks as pilings and capstan jacks, (screw type) with iron shims to get it permanently off the wheels.
Then I'll remove the boards or lynx levelers

jack L
Jack & Nanci

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, with a couple of hydraulic jacks and blockage assuming it's parked in a reasonably level spot.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.