cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lifetime drive train warranty....THANK YOU !

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Just wanted to say, I'm so thankful that I purchased a lifetime DT warranty when I bought my Truck "2005 Avalanche".

Would you believe I'm on Tranny #5, Yes I've blown 4 transmissions in less then 2 yrs. They keep towing it and fixing it on there dime ๐Ÿ™‚ but dangit this is getting hilarious.

No...I'm not a rookie.lol

Tow a 5k Hybrid in 3rd with tow mode, with temp guage and auxiliary cooler. They can keep replacing those Remanufactured Tranny's.

I do tow in the steep mountains of VA/WV and would be crazy to sell a truck with only 60k on it.

Change the oil and tranny at the same time....seems to be working ๐Ÿ™‚
18 REPLIES 18

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
well, i'm still on my original 4 spd trans on my 2007 Avalanche, that i bought new, over 7 1/2 years ago.
75,000 miles pulling a hybrid about the same weight.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like there may be some slipping/heat issues.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
5 trannies in 2 years and 60k miles? Something's not right there. I'd be afraid to take it around the block, let alone on a trip. Good luck, and hope the fifth time is a charm for you.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
You seem to be taking it very well. I'd be so mad I'd be impossible to deal with. Maybe there is a REASON for the lifetime warranty ๐Ÿ™‚
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population